Doggie sleeps on MY pillow!

Old August 7th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Bill[_2_]

Default Doggie sleeps on MY pillow!

My 9 week old puppy sleeps with me and insists on sleeping on my pillow!

I have a queen sized bed with plenty of room. There is another pillow which
is unused on the other side of the bed...

Yet I lift puppy up on my bed and she heads right for MY pillow or lays
right where I want to lay down.

I think she see this as a strategic location so she will have ready access
to attack my ears....

Old August 7th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Nehmo

On Aug 7, 8:17 am, "Bill" wrote:
My 9 week old puppy sleeps with me and insists on sleeping on my pillow!

I have a queen sized bed with plenty of room. There is another pillow which
is unused on the other side of the bed...

Yet I lift puppy up on my bed and she heads right for MY pillow or lays
right where I want to lay down.

I think she see this as a strategic location so she will have ready access
to attack my ears....

This is unusual?
--
(||) Nehmo (||)

Old August 7th 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Bill[_2_]

This is unusual?

Is the name of this group rec.pets.dogs.behavior.unusual?

Old August 7th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"Bill" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

My 9 week old puppy sleeps with me and insists on sleeping on my
pillow!

I have a queen sized bed with plenty of room. There is another pillow
which is unused on the other side of the bed...

Yet I lift puppy up on my bed and she heads right for MY pillow or
lays right where I want to lay down.

I think she see this as a strategic location so she will have ready
access to attack my ears....

Is this a comment or an issue?
If it's an issue.. don't allow her to do that.
if it's a comment.. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm'kay
Old August 7th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paula

"Bill" wrote in
:

My 9 week old puppy sleeps with me and insists on sleeping on my
pillow!

I have a queen sized bed with plenty of room. There is another pillow
which is unused on the other side of the bed...

Yet I lift puppy up on my bed and she heads right for MY pillow or
lays right where I want to lay down.

I think she see this as a strategic location so she will have ready
access to attack my ears....

One of our dogs is a place stealer. He likes to be snuggled as closely
as possible with the people on the bed. He sleeps with my youngest
daughter, who likes to set her alarm for earlier than she has to get up
and ready and come snuggle with me for a while in the mornings. Of
course, Sammie comes with her when she gets out of her bed and into mine.
He tries to squish between us because close to two bodies is better than
close to one, I suppose. When either one of us gets up, he immediately
moves over to exactly where they were, like finding a warm spot, and lays
his head on the pillow they were using. If my daughter gets up to go to
the bathroom but plans on coming back, she often calls out "Don't let
Sammie steal my spot!" as she goes. She pretends to be annoyed, but
secretly loves that he wants the spot that smells like her if he can't
have her.

Paula
Old August 7th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
CanineDivine

You mean they aren't supposed to share your pillows? Who knew?

One of our dogs is a place stealer. He likes to be snuggled as
closely as possible with the people on the bed.

Sounds like Shy. She has a special gift. When we travel and I
stay in a king bed she amazes me. She starts on one side of the bed,
but by the end of the night she's taken over the whole bed leaving me
teetering at the very edge. (I sleep solidly, obvlivious to the
encrouchment, so it clearly doesn't bother my rest). She doesn't do
this to nearly this extreme at home, though she's an opportunist. I
don't have a problem with it. If I want any of the girls off the bed,
all I have to do is say so, ditto if they're not up on the bed and I
want them. I like having them snuggle, that is part of the joy of
dogs. And in the winter especially it's nice as Shy always hops up
and claims the middle of the bed/pillows as I'm getting ready for bed,
so it's toasty warm for me. (She scooches over when I'm ready to
climb in).

Hope

Old August 7th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Paula" wrote in message:

One of our dogs is a place stealer.

Pan's a pillow (and bed) hog. Usually, she starts off sleeping next to me,
often with her head on the pillow (or on me; I suppose I'm pillow-y enough),
but when Rajesh gets up in the morning, she moves over to his pillow.
She'll stand it up by squishing it against the headboard, and then curl up
in that space, head resting on the pillow. Makes for some interesting
conversations if he ever has to go to the bathroom in the middle of the
night, and get his pillow back.

Suja

Old August 7th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Paula wrote:
When either one of us gets up, he immediately
moves over to exactly where they were, like finding a warm spot, and lays
his head on the pillow they were using.

Harriet will do that if she's pretty sure I'm not coming back to
bed. When I'm in bed, though, she sleeps curled up next to me, with
her head resting on my side or my back.

However, there was that one time when I was sleeping on my stomach
and she curled up **on my back** and nearly killerated me.

--
Shelly
Old August 7th 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Shelly spoke these words of wisdom in
:

Paula wrote:
When either one of us gets up, he immediately
moves over to exactly where they were, like finding a warm spot, and
lays his head on the pillow they were using.

Harriet will do that if she's pretty sure I'm not coming back to
bed. When I'm in bed, though, she sleeps curled up next to me, with
her head resting on my side or my back.

However, there was that one time when I was sleeping on my stomach
and she curled up **on my back** and nearly killerated me.

Oh my gosh! with 7 herniated disc's I wouldn't be able to move for a
week. She might killerate me. I'm glad you survived. The pain I imagine
makes me cry.
Old August 7th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

diddy wrote:

Oh my gosh! with 7 herniated disc's I wouldn't be able to move for a
week. She might killerate me.

Ow! I don't have any herniated discs, but I do have DDD. That's
painful enough, thankyouverymuch. I can't even imagine what
herniated discs must feel like.

I'm glad you survived. The pain I imagine
makes me cry.

It hurt. The main thing was that I woke up out of a dead sleep and
couldn't breathe or move. Talk about scary! It took me a moment to
figure out what the problem was, but trying to get out from under a
comatose dog is not easy, especially when you are partially
paralyzed from being squashed.

--
Shelly

Senior dog sleeps constantly muse06 Dog breeds 1 March 19th 07 04:17 AM
ear puffed up pillow Kira Dirlik Dog health 3 October 26th 05 07:22 PM
Doggie Zit? Dimpled Chad Dog health 0 September 10th 03 02:48 PM
Dog sleeps all the time. pyr Dog health 16 August 24th 03 08:47 PM
Dog sleeps all the time. pyr Dog health 0 August 24th 03 04:13 AM