Question about my new puppy

Old August 8th 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
GUnes

Default Question about my new puppy

We have a two month old puppy and we have noticed that she is eating her
poop sometimes through the night. We take her outside almost every hour
during the day and she doesn't do this then. What can we do to break
her from doing this?
Old August 8th 07, 12:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article ,
GUnes wrote:

We have a two month old puppy and we have noticed that she is eating her
poop sometimes through the night. We take her outside almost every hour
during the day and she doesn't do this then. What can we do to break
her from doing this?

Get her on a better feeding/elimination schedule so she doesn't feel the
need to poop in her crate during the night (you ARE crating her
overnight, yes?). My general rule of thumb is to feed dinner no later
than 6 p.m., with a few outings in the evening.

--
Janet Boss
Old August 8th 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
diddy[_2_]

GUnes spoke these words of wisdom in news:46b9962f$0
:

We have a two month old puppy and we have noticed that she is eating her
poop sometimes through the night. We take her outside almost every hour
during the day and she doesn't do this then. What can we do to break
her from doing this?

Make a habit of getting up in the middle of the night to let her out. She
_IS_ a baby. Right?
I would stop food at 6pm. And to prevent this from being a habit, I'd get
some "forbid" from your vet.

(That's optional) but better management would be your biggest friend.
Old August 9th 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
[email protected]

another thing that works is fig newtons. Not sure what breed you have
or the size, but you could try one a day along with the training with
the stopping food around 6pm

My mill rescue did this. He would go, and promptly turn around and
eat. YUCK! I believe a food change helped while looking for a food
for my elderly, allergy boy.

Old August 11th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
GUnes

GUnes wrote:

We have a two month old puppy and we have noticed that she is eating her
poop sometimes through the night. We take her outside almost every hour
during the day and she doesn't do this then. What can we do to break
her from doing this?

Thanks for all of your input. You were right, if we feed our (Boston
Terrier) puppy around 6:30 PM then she will not poop through the night.
I spoke w/the Vet and we will be watching it for next few months since
she is only 8 weeks old. I like to come here and read because you can
really learn something.