Here's A Quick Dog Training Tip...

Old August 9th 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jamie[_2_]

Default Here's A Quick Dog Training Tip...

You should know that a properly trained dog will respond properly to
all its owner's commands, and will not display resistance, displeasure
or confusion. It's really not difficult to train a dog at all, once
you know what to do. I believe any dog can be trained if they have the
proper trainer. I have a blog that has good information on this exact
subject. If you feel like checking it out, I would completely suggest
it.
http://effective-dog-training.blogspot.com

If you're the type of person that looks at dog training as something
difficult, DON'T. There are just a couple of things you haven't
learned how to do yet...

Old August 9th 07, 11:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Jamie spoke these words of wisdom in

I have a problem, perhaps you can help.
I'm training my dog in open work.
Yesterday things went well, except, he decided to pull a
comedy act. Everytime I asked for a "front" then "finish" he'd get down
and ROLL over and around then sit up at heel.

He was so hilarious. I couldn't help but laugh, rewarding him for his
style and sillyness, even though he must not do that in the ring.
Old August 9th 07, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
CanineDivine

On Aug 9, 6:01 am, diddy none wrote:
Jamie spoke these words of wisdom in

I have a problem, perhaps you can help.
I'm training my dog in open work.
Yesterday things went well, except, he decided to pull a
comedy act. Everytime I asked for a "front" then "finish" he'd get down
and ROLL over and around then sit up at heel.

He was so hilarious. I couldn't help but laugh, rewarding him for his
style and sillyness, even though he must not do that in the ring.

LOL Shy decided to turn the sit-down-sit into a sit-down-rollover.
Twice. Everyone was cracking up at her, and I confess I was
having trouble too, given that clowndog used to stress out when
showing. Then there was the utility style moving stand in APDT
rally. She decided to add a bonus "drop and rollover on call-to-
heel". This was when their Level 3 had just come out and the judge
was scratching her head how to score the additional skills Shy threw
in. Again the crowd totally cracked up. Silly dog! (And why did I
teach her freestyle?)

Hope

Old August 9th 07, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

CanineDivine spoke these words of wisdom in
ups.com:

[...]

I understand this may actually be legal in CDX.

The regulations say the finish is to be executed as in the novice recall
exercise. That section says, "The dog must go smartly to heel position
and sit. The manner in which the dog finishes will be optional,
provided it is prompt and that the dog sit straight at heel."

Need some QUICK ideas Suja Dog health 15 April 14th 07 12:35 PM
They grow so quick! Cin Dog behavior 0 July 12th 04 03:23 AM
They grow so quick! Cin Dog behavior 0 July 12th 04 03:23 AM
Now, that was Quick! (Was NADAC reg. #) Shelly & The Boys Dog behavior 0 August 31st 03 06:21 PM
Over heating to quick? Steve ~n~ Misty Dog health 1 July 3rd 03 10:51 PM