Dog in season or not?

Old August 9th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
I, Mustard Mitt

Default Dog in season or not?

Hi,
We recently became the owner of a cross breed terrier bitch. She came from a
rescue centre and we've been told that she is between 4 and 7 years of age.
We initially took her for a check up at the vets and was told that the vet
'thinks' she may be spayed as he can possibly feel a scar.

Recently though, we've twice found a small patch of blood on her bedding,
(about the size of a 50p piece) though most days none at all. When
inspected, there's nothing to see and she doesn't seem to be attracting
other dogs. As she's relatively new to us, we can't tell if her character
has changed at all -although she is scratching her bed a lot in the night.
Is two drops of blood over a week normal when a bitch is in season or should
we consider that she isn't in season and the blood is another problem that
we can't find?

Thanks in advance

I, MM

First time in season Ichthys Dog behavior 0 June 2nd 04 10:12 PM
A nod to the season Chris Dog behavior 4 November 25th 03 03:12 AM
A nod to the season Chris Dog behavior 0 November 24th 03 06:47 PM
A nod to the season Chris Dog behavior 0 November 24th 03 06:47 PM
A nod to the season Chris Dog behavior 0 November 24th 03 06:47 PM