GUTS!

Old August 17th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

Default GUTS!

That's what was all over my patio this morning, thanks to our resident
Hawk. Guts that smelled like month old garbage and I have no idea what
they came from, although I suspect another bird of some sort, since I
found feathers around the yard.

Of course, first thing out this morning, Lucy thought this was part 2 of
breakfast, Rudy went for the apples at the back of the yard instead and
Franklin showed some interest but was more easily dissuaded than Lucy.

I had to scrape the damn stuff off the patio - the hose just wouldn't do
it. The incident happened last night, as Rudy came in with breath
smelling like that. We didn't know what it was until this morning
though (no lights right now, since they were mounted on the deck and
we're currently deckless). Ick, ick and double ick.

The circle of life can be pretty gross.

--
Janet Boss
Old August 17th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Janet Boss" wrote in message:

The circle of life can be pretty gross.

The dogs have unanimously voted that the circle of life is wonderful, and
the problem here is that you didn't send them your address and directions.
They are willing to offer their cleanup services to anyone within driving
distance, that needs to have entrails removed from decks and patios.

Also, there is some talk of having Rudy's dog-license removed.

Suja

Old August 17th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Suja" wrote:

The dogs have unanimously voted that the circle of life is wonderful, and
the problem here is that you didn't send them your address and directions.
They are willing to offer their cleanup services to anyone within driving
distance, that needs to have entrails removed from decks and patios.

OK then - I'll send it privately and they're more than welcome. Would
they like the voles who have been "not swimming" in the pool?

Also, there is some talk of having Rudy's dog-license removed.

Hey - he indulged in some fashion last night! He *LOVES* his apples
though. The tree is packed full this year, so he's a very happy boy. I
have to limit them though, the sugar send his urine out of whack, and he
already has problems with that.

--
Janet Boss
Old August 18th 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Janet Boss" wrote in message:

OK then - I'll send it privately and they're more than welcome.

Yes, please and thanks.

Would
they like the voles who have been "not swimming" in the pool?

Mmmmm.... bloated dead vole perfume.

Also, are you SURE you have dogs?

He *LOVES* his apples
though.

Can't remember where I read it, but aren't apple cores bad for them? Pan
will eat many fruits (mostly in the melon family), but she won't eat apples.

Suja

Old August 18th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

He *LOVES* his apples
though.

Can't remember where I read it, but aren't apple cores bad for them? Pan
will eat many fruits (mostly in the melon family), but she won't eat
apples.

Suja

I read this a few places too, here's one.
http://www.petalia.com.au/templates/...m?story_no=257

Other potential dangers
Pear pips, the kernels of plums, peaches and apricots, apple core pips
(contain cyanogenic glycosides resulting in cyanide posioning)

Old August 18th 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

"MauiJNP" wrote in message

He *LOVES* his apples
though.

Can't remember where I read it, but aren't apple cores bad for them?
Pan
will eat many fruits (mostly in the melon family), but she won't eat
apples.

Suja

I read this a few places too, here's one.
http://www.petalia.com.au/templates/...m?story_no=257

Other potential dangers
Pear pips, the kernels of plums, peaches and apricots, apple core pips
(contain cyanogenic glycosides resulting in cyanide posioning)

The active ingredient is amygdalin, laetrile, or vitamin B17, thought by
some to be a preventive or cure for cancer.

http://www.answers.com/topic/apricot-seed?cat=health
http://www.answers.com/topic/laetrile?cat=health
http://www.cancertutor.com/Cancer/Laetrile.html
http://www.moleculeoftheday.com/cate...dicine/page/2/

The last link also has interesting comments on superglue, MSG, curry, and
the "rape drug". Follow links to more cool chemistry stuff.

Of course, you can't trust any of these sources of information. Or can you?

Paul, Muttley, and Lucky (resting quietly due to chemicals)

Old August 22nd 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

"Suja" said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Can't remember where I read it, but aren't apple cores bad
for them?

It's the seeds. I'll stop Rocky from grazing my apple trees as
soon as I stop seeing the seeds passing through totally
unchanged.

Actually, he's not allowed unchecked access to apples, but it's
because of the farts.