border collies

Old August 19th 07, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
redbordy

Default border collies

Hi i am new to this group. I am interested in chatting to people that
own dogs. I myself are partial to border collies. We have a blue and
white male and hes registered. I am doing obedience and trialing him
soon. If any one wants a chat or needs some advise i will try to help.
I am studying to be a dog trainer and a vet nurse. I will look
forward to some interesting converstions hopefully with anyone. cheers

Old August 19th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Kathleen

redbordy wrote:

Hi i am new to this group. I am interested in chatting to people that
own dogs. I myself are partial to border collies. We have a blue and
white male and hes registered. I am doing obedience and trialing him
soon. If any one wants a chat or needs some advise i will try to help.
I am studying to be a dog trainer and a vet nurse. I will look
forward to some interesting converstions hopefully with anyone. cheers

A vet nurse? What's that? Where are you going to school and what
degree or certification will you receive upon completion of your studies?

Old August 19th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

In article ,
Kathleen wrote:
A vet nurse? What's that?

She's in Australia, where there is such a thing. Which, of
course, doesn't mean that her posts so far have otherwise
been okay.

Old August 20th 07, 08:28 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
redbordy

On Aug 20, 12:10 am, Kathleen wrote:
redbordy wrote:
Hi i am new to this group. I am interested in chatting to people that
own dogs. I myself are partial to border collies. We have a blue and
white male and hes registered. I am doing obedience and trialing him
soon. If any one wants a chat or needs some advise i will try to help.
I am studying to be a dog trainer and a vet nurse. I will look
forward to some interesting converstions hopefully with anyone. cheers

A vet nurse? What's that? Where are you going to school and what
degree or certification will you receive upon completion of your studies?

HI i cant believe you dont know what a vet nurse is. Its a person that
assists in a veterinary clinic, helps vets in surgical procedures and
does reception work, booking in clients and there pets for a check up
ect. I will complete my course in 2 years and it qualifies me as a
veterinary nurse to do the above tasks above and more.

Old August 20th 07, 08:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
redbordy

On Aug 20, 12:32 am, (Melinda Shore) wrote:
In article ,

Kathleen wrote:
A vet nurse? What's that?

She's in Australia, where there is such a thing. Which, of
course, doesn't mean that her posts so far have otherwise
been okay.

Hi yes i am in australia. Dont they have veterinary nurses where you
are. If not who looks after peoples animals when they are sick? Arnt
i not allowed to join this group because i am in australia? cheers
redbordy

Old August 20th 07, 12:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

In article . com,
redbordy wrote:
HI i cant believe you dont know what a vet nurse is.

While we're at it I can't believe you don't know the
difference between dollars and dollars.

In the US, there is no job called "veterinary nurse." It's
"veterinary technician." It's generally not required that
people have specialized education and certification to set
up appointments.

Old August 20th 07, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
pfoley

ups.com...
redbordy wrote:
[...]

=============
I have never heard of a Veterinary Nurse here in the US, but we do have
Veterinary Technicians who assist the Veterinarians. I have never seen the
technicians assist with the reception and desk work. They hire clerks for
that type of work. The technicians take training courses in which they
receive certification.

Old August 20th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

In article ,
elegy wrote:
a number of US vet hospitals do refer to them as nurses.

How large is that number, and is it regional? I've never
heard vet techs referred to as nurses - not at the local
veterinary teaching hospital, not at a large practice, not
at a small practice, and so on. And as you know, it's
"LVT," not "LVN."

Border Collies? Froggy Dog breeds 4 November 18th 06 06:33 PM
What about border collies in schtzhund? Andrea Dog activities 15 August 13th 04 04:07 PM
Mushing Border Collies Melinda Shore Dog behavior 176 December 1st 03 03:43 PM
Mushing Border Collies Melinda Shore Dog behavior 0 November 18th 03 10:10 PM