Banfield

Old August 23rd 07, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

Default Banfield

Anyone use their services? I have a friend who swears by them, I never saw
one until the Petsmart added one to their store. Just curious what they
provide and if they are generally liked.

Old August 23rd 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Suja

"MauiJNP" wrote in message:

Anyone use their services? I have a friend who swears by them, I never

saw
one until the Petsmart added one to their store. Just curious what they
provide and if they are generally liked.

The appeal might be that they are relatively less expensive, and accessible.
I have no direct experience, but after what I've heard, I wouldn't seek one
out either.

1. Banfield vets missed the fact that my friend's very, very pregnant
foster was well, very, very pregnant. As in she gave birth a week or two
after they had seen her. They kept saying it was worms, and giving her meds
for that really funky and full looking tummy.

2. Dog park acquaintance's dog went in for getting a minor injury treated.
They ended up sedating the dog for it (a local would've been sufficient),
and without the owner's permission, lopped off the toenails. Cut them so
short the dog was quicked on all of the toenails and couldn't walk without
pain. Long term consequence is that the dog won't let them go anywhere near
the toenails, a problem they didn't have before.

Suja