Change the PA Dog Law

Old September 13th 03, 09:39 PM
Dragon's Lair

Default Change the PA Dog Law

The Labor Day weekend proved to be the start of a very bad time for one of
my best friends and a horrible awakening for me. I realized that shelters in
our state are only required to hold a dog for 48 hours before legally
allowed to kill it. As a result, I've started a campaign to change the dog
law in Pennsylvania to a minimum ten day holding period. A lost pet deserves
at least that much time to find his owner or be adopted by another caring
individual.
To find out the full story of what happened please visit a website called
Change the PA Dog Law at:

http://changethedoglaw.tripod.com/

I thought it might be okay to ask you to take a look and if you think it
appropriate, place a link to the site on your site and/or pass the link on
to any animal lover you know so they can write to our government officials
or link to us, too.
While this may be hard to accomplish, I believe that if our legislators
begin receiving e-mail from concerned citizens, they will take action to
make all of our public shelters as caring and proactive as our private
shelters.

Thanks for caring.