my shiba inu

Old August 16th 04, 08:16 AM
FoamyLatte

Default my shiba inu

my shiba was running in the yard and started limping all of a sudden, when i
touch leg or paw or hip she doesn't complain however she does not want to walk
on it. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow, just wondering what you think might
be
Old August 16th 04, 01:17 PM
Sue and Atty

"FoamyLatte" wrote in message
my shiba was running in the yard and started limping all of a sudden, when

touch leg or paw or hip she doesn't complain however she does not want to

walk
on it. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow, just wondering what you think

might
be

Something similar happened to Atty in the spring. Running fine, then all
of a sudden, sat down and put her paw up. Would limp while walking. Then
she'd be fine, would run again, and repeat the same - limping, not wanting
to put weight on it. Her outside toe knuckle swelled quite a bit - but that
didn't show up for a day or so. We surmise she dislocated her toe and it
popped back in (or maybe hyperextended it?), and treated it with rest and
cold laser therapy. The swelling went down, and she's fine now. It took
about a month for it to heal.

Perhaps its something like that. I assume you've checked for punctures in
her paw pad from a stick or something, or that there isn't something
imbedded in her pad or between her toes. That was my vet's first thought.

Sue and Atty