On-line Dog License Application (with questionnaire)

Old August 28th 07, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

Default On-line Dog License Application (with questionnaire)

I have developed a draft version of an on-line Dog License Application,
using basic HTML, and also some JScript (as a learning exercise). You can
try it at:

http://www.smart.net/~pstech/DogLicenseJS.htm

You might need to enable the script if your settings block it. You can view
the code to see that there is nothing malicious. It's pretty simple, and
you can change some of the values if you think there is a more reasonable
method of determining fees.

There are possibly other factors that could be added, but this might be
enough. I left out any breed-specific qualifiers. I might also add an
adjustment for no incidents within a year, but that would be best for
renewals. This is meant to be an initial fee; renewals would be less.

I might show this to my friend at AC, but I don't think he has internet
access.

Thanks,

Paul, Muttley, and Lucky

Old August 29th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"Paul E. Schoen" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

[...]

I'm impressed. But how do you know I didn't lie about my dog?
It cost me $20 for Tuck,
Old August 29th 07, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote in message
[...]

============
Why is there no place for the name, sex and age of the dog? I would think
you would have to put down the breed of the dog for a license.
Shouldn't there be a place for owner's name and address?

Old August 29th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

"pfoley" wrote in message

[...]

Of course, I will need to add all that, and figure out a way to save the
information from each applicant. This was mostly an exercise to see if it
could be a fair way to incorporate the size of the dog and behavioral
history to come up with a fee that represents the potential danger the dog
might pose for other people and dogs.

BTW, my fee for Lucky is $25, and for Muttley it is $77.50. Those would be
initial fees. Renewals would be about $10, unless there were further
incidents, or additional training.

Thanks for giving it a try.

Paul, Muttley and Lucky

Old August 29th 07, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
[...]

You might be required to submit records from your vet, and any bite records
should be on file with AC. You could fudge it a bit, but a major lie would
probably be caught (and then could be prosecuted as fraud). The maximum fee
for a severely aggressive and untrained 200 lb Mastiff or Anatolian would
be $280.

Thanks for trying it. If it seems like a workable solution, I'll put some
more time into it and see if Animal Control might be interested.

Paul, Muttley, and Lucky

Old August 29th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

[...]

I don't understand what this is for?

td

Old August 29th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
CanineDivine

I don't understand what this is for?

Paul has become an instant expert now on dog licensing fees. He is
persisting with creating a tiered licensing fee even after being told
(by people who actually have the experience to know) that it will not
work, for a myriad of reasons.

Hope

Old August 29th 07, 06:59 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sandy in OK

On Aug 28, 8:49?pm, "Paul E. Schoen" wrote:
"pfoley" wrote in message

"Paul E. Schoen" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Paul, Muttley and Lucky- Hide quoted text -

Huh. I answered the questions for what I know of Muttley and came up
with close to $100. Surely you are too much of a cheapskate to pay
that. And Lucky's had no training.

Old August 29th 07, 08:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

"Sandy in OK" wrote in message
ups.com...

Huh. I answered the questions for what I know of Muttley and came up
with close to $100. Surely you are too much of a cheapskate to pay
that. And Lucky's had no training.

I've revised the form a little, but not the basic fees. As I stated before,
Muttley's fee would be $77.50. He is 75 lb, neutered, bit one person one
time, not requiring medical treatment, and he bit the dog at Janet's
obedience class at least once, requiring medical treatment. Lucky's fee
would be $25 (some training) or $32.50 (no training).

http://www.smart.net/~pstech/DogLicenseJS.htm

I would not mind paying fees like that, especially as one-time charges as I
intended. Renewals are less, unless there are additonal incidents. I can
modify the form with a checkbox for renewals.

Thanks for giving it a try.

Paul, Muttley, and Lucky

Old August 29th 07, 12:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
tiny dancer wrote:
I don't understand what this is for?

Self-aggrandizement.