Omega 3 Fatty acids, Fish Oil is just as good for your Dog!

Old August 31st 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Hadleysgirl

Default Omega 3 Fatty acids, Fish Oil is just as good for your Dog!

Up until I lost my twelve year old companion German Shepherd I used
fish oil for her coat and joints. She had arthritis and her coat had
gotten dull, bad eye sight... so I bought some fish oil (omega3 fatty
acids) and I couldn't believe the difference in her. I'm very
impressed with how it helped her. Her coat turned back to the same
colors it had been when she was a pup, she ate more, even her eye
sight seemed to improve. Just thinking of Susie makes me want to cry.
She's only been gone for six months.
I am posting this message for those of you who have an older dog.
Making their last years comfortable is important. The effects of omega
3 have been studied on humans and giving it to your pet is just as
beneficial. If you do use it, make sure that you don't leave any
leftover food sitting in the bowl, discard it after your pet is done
eating to avoid food poisoning. It is fish oil and feeding your pet
outside or in the porch might help if you don't like the smell.
I do know that it helped my Susie have some healthier and more
energetic days with less arthritic pain. I met the Man that produced
this product (http://www.lazers.biz/) specifically for he and his
wife's pet, Lazer, a beautiful Greyhound Rescue. I saw the before and
after effects of this oil and that dog went from being starved,
neglected and abused to being a beautiful, trusting and Very Healthy
dog. I truly believe in what that oil did for my Susie and I am
thankful for having met Gordon, Lois and Lazer. What they have done
for the love of their dog is awesome.

I'm sure that Ex-racing Greyhound, Lazer is quite thankful too!

Old August 31st 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Hadleysgirl wrote:
Up until I lost my twelve year old companion German Shepherd I used
fish oil for her coat and joints. She had arthritis and her coat had
gotten dull, bad eye sight... so I bought some fish oil (omega3 fatty
acids) and I couldn't believe the difference in her. I'm very
impressed with how it helped her.
I met the Man that produced
this product (http://www.losers.biz/)

Golly gee whiz, someone else has discovered omega 3 fatty acids!!!

You can buy fish oil capsules in any reputable health food store;
they are much more convenient than the bottles of oil sold on the
web site. (ok, I munged the name).

Not to mention that they'd prefer to attract dealers, as opposed
to customers.

For human consumption, some folks recommend that you buy fish oil
made from the bodies of small fish like anchovies and sardines,
since they don't have the higher concentrations of heavy metals
that are found in some large fish. I do the same for my dogs.

You could also just feed the dogs sardines, anchovies, tuna,
salmon... just watch for added salt, since some commercial
versions of these fish products do add salt.

I get so tired of ads on newsgroups.

FurPaw

--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old August 31st 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

FurPaw spoke these words of wisdom in
:

Golly gee whiz, someone else has discovered omega 3 fatty acids!!!

You can buy fish oil capsules in any reputable health food store;
they are much more convenient than the bottles of oil sold on the
web site. (ok, I munged the name).

Not to mention that they'd prefer to attract dealers, as opposed
to customers.

For human consumption, some folks recommend that you buy fish oil
made from the bodies of small fish like anchovies and sardines,
since they don't have the higher concentrations of heavy metals
that are found in some large fish. I do the same for my dogs.

You could also just feed the dogs sardines, anchovies, tuna,
salmon... just watch for added salt, since some commercial
versions of these fish products do add salt.

I get so tired of ads on newsgroups.

FurPaw

Danny always liked Jack Mackeral
Old August 31st 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

diddy wrote:

Danny always liked Jack Mackeral

Mackerel! I forgot about mackerel!

Furpaw

Old August 31st 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 17:11:25 -0000, Hadleysgirl
wrote:

[...]

I doubt it; dogs generally don't think that way. Who starved,
neglected and abused him, by the way?

Mustang Sally

Old August 31st 07, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
FurPaw wrote:
You can buy fish oil capsules in any reputable health food store;
they are much more convenient than the bottles of oil sold on the
web site. (ok, I munged the name).

I buy by the bottle (but not from people who advertise to
Usenet, obviously). It works better and costs less when
you've got a mess of dogs. Your point about avoiding salmon
and other large fish is a good one. There's a musher up at
Tug Hill who sells menhaden oil in bulk (he also sells
biodiesel - hmmm), but I've been buying off the web.

Old August 31st 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Hadleysgirl

wrote:
[...]

That dog is an ex racer. Do some research on Greyhounds and racetracks!

Old August 31st 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Hadleysgirl

On Aug 31, 2:54 pm, FurPaw wrote:
Hadleysgirl wrote:
[...]

I was posting about my pet and my experiences with this specific oil
Some people are judgmental hypocrites! I don't own the site and the
people that own that site don't know that I even posted that message.

Old August 31st 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Hadleysgirl

wrote:
[...]

Have you ever raised an abused animal that you rescued???

Old August 31st 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article .com,
Hadleysgirl wrote:
That dog is an ex racer. Do some research on Greyhounds and racetracks!

Hey, Sally! Do some research on greyhounds!!!!