CAININE CONTRACEPTION?

Old September 1st 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
KONCHOK.PENDAY

Default CAININE CONTRACEPTION?

My bitch has had two litters in the last year.
She's got a nice boyfriend and makes great
puppies, but I do NOT want more puppies.
It causes multiple social problems and
takes a HUGE amount of my time.

Every bitch I've seen spayed immediately
doubles in size, becomes a couch potatoe, and
rapidly develops multiple health problems.
I don't want to do that to her: she hasn't
done anything at all to deserve it. I love her.

On the other hand, I'm a certified failure
as a dog chaperone. I need a better method.

What about birth control? When I notice
her bleeding or humping, she's probably
already pregnant? What pill/medicine
can I give her then that will terminate
a possible pregnancy, and/or prevent one?

What works for a "morning after"
or "week after" pill with dogs?

Is there an easy safe solution
that leaves my dog unharmed?

--- )
\

Old September 1st 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
Spot

Get her spayed it the only safe method. As for her plumping up that's a
problem with either overfeeding or feeding the wrong food. As dogs get
older they need a lower calorie food ie a senior diet after age 7

Celeste

Old September 2nd 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
KONCHOK.PENDAY

Spot wrote:
Get her spayed it the only safe method. As for her plumping up that's a
problem with either overfeeding or feeding the wrong food. As dogs get
older they need a lower calorie food ie a senior diet after age 7

Celeste

Dear Spot/Celeste

Thanks for replying...
I appreciate your care.

I disagree with you
that spaying is safe.

It's major surgery, with
debilitating effects I
have seen personally.

Collge girls don't have
hysterectomies with
ovarion section to
keep from getting
pregnant. Why
should bitches?

This looks to me like
it should be a bonanza
for the drug companies,
and could greatly affect
dog overpopulation.

I know dogs fertility cycles
are different than human: bitches
are fertile when they are bleeding.
But aren't the hormones just the same?

Can some vet help me out?

Is there a human birth control product
that can be effective for bitches too?
If so, what's the dosage, timing, etc?
Is there something you can buy without
a prescription?

--- )
\

Old September 2nd 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
diddy[_2_]

"KONCHOK.PENDAY" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

Is there a human birth control product
that can be effective for bitches too?
If so, what's the dosage, timing, etc?
Is there something you can buy without
a prescription?

Cheque Drops are something given by show people to stop a dog from cycling.
Old September 7th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
KONCHOK.PENDAY

diddy wrote:
Cheque Drops are something given by show people to stop a dog from cycling.

Dear diddy:

Thanks a lot for the clue.
Searching Cheque Drops lead
to a huge array of articles.