Lightning strikes again

Old September 5th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Rocky[_2_]

Default Lightning strikes again

It looks like Friday had a seizure this morning. He couldn't
stand on the kitchen floor but could walk somewhat when I got
him outside, though he kept falling down. He was fully
recovered after about 10 minutes of lying on the lawn, then he
threw up. Prior to my seeing these symptoms, he was only out of
my sight for a few minutes and I didn't hear anything.

Needless to say, he's scheduled for a blood test.

Old September 5th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article ,
Rocky wrote:

It looks like Friday had a seizure this morning.

I do NOT want to hear that! Where's my damn magic wand? I need it NOW,
to cure all of the wonderful dogs in our lives.

Will be waiting for more news. My best to both of you.

--
Janet Boss
Old September 5th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Rocky wrote:

Needless to say, he's scheduled for a blood test.

Yikes! I sure hope Rocky is okay. I'm thinking lots of good
thoughts for both of you.

--
Shelly
Old September 5th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
sighthounds & siberians

On 5 Sep 2007 15:09:21 GMT, Rocky wrote:

It looks like Friday had a seizure this morning. He couldn't
stand on the kitchen floor but could walk somewhat when I got
him outside, though he kept falling down. He was fully
recovered after about 10 minutes of lying on the lawn, then he
threw up. Prior to my seeing these symptoms, he was only out of
my sight for a few minutes and I didn't hear anything.

Needless to say, he's scheduled for a blood test.

We've had lightning strike twice (even thrice) seizure-wise, but we
usually knew there was a history of seizures. But, Tasha had two
grand mal seizures a year or so apart, and never had any more until
shortly before her death, when the vet thought her osteosarcoma had
metastasized to her brain. Apparently, it's not that unusual for a
dog to have a single seizure of unknown etiology, and then never have
another. All fingers, toes and paws are crossed here that that will
be the case with Friday.

Mustang Sally

Old September 5th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Shelly wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Needless to say, he's scheduled for a blood test.

Yikes! I sure hope Rocky is okay. I'm thinking lots of good thoughts
for both of you.

Oh, hell. *Now* I get the "lightning strikes twice" subject. Duh.
I can't read for comprehension, apparently.

I'm so sorry about Friday. That sucks like crazy. I hope it's just
a freak, one-time occurrence with no lasting after effects.

--
Shelly
Old September 5th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
filly[_2_]

"Rocky" wrote in message
It looks like Friday had a seizure this morning.

I'm very sorry to hear this Matt. In your care, Friday is in the best
possible hands.
Karla

Old September 5th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Suja

"Rocky" wrote in message:

It looks like Friday had a seizure this morning.

Aw Crap! Hopefully, it's a one time thing.

Has anything happened recently (new meds, food, vaccines) that could've
contributed?

Suja

Old September 5th 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Judy

"Rocky" wrote in message
It looks like Friday had a seizure this morning.

Ah, Crap!!!

Fingers crossed for an explanation you can all live with.

Judy

Old September 5th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Sue and Atty

"Rocky" wrote in message
It looks like Friday had a seizure this morning. He couldn't
stand on the kitchen floor but could walk somewhat when I got
him outside, though he kept falling down. He was fully
recovered after about 10 minutes of lying on the lawn, then he
threw up. Prior to my seeing these symptoms, he was only out of
my sight for a few minutes and I didn't hear anything.

Needless to say, he's scheduled for a blood test.

fingers and paws crossed. If it is more than a one time thing, he's in very
capable hands.... although I am hoping it's not going to be necessary.

Sue and Atty

Old September 5th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
FurPaw

Rocky wrote:
It looks like Friday had a seizure this morning. He couldn't
stand on the kitchen floor but could walk somewhat when I got
him outside, though he kept falling down. He was fully
recovered after about 10 minutes of lying on the lawn, then he
threw up. Prior to my seeing these symptoms, he was only out of
my sight for a few minutes and I didn't hear anything.

Needless to say, he's scheduled for a blood test.

Aw, man... I hope it's a transient thing, maybe related to
something he ate. Fingers and paws crossed.

FurPaw

--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense

To reply, unleash the dog.

heat lightning culprit Dog behavior 0 June 18th 04 07:21 AM
heat lightning culprit Dog behavior 0 June 18th 04 07:21 AM
heat lightning culprit Dog behavior 0 June 18th 04 07:21 AM
vicious old bitch strikes again Rosa Palmén Dog behavior 0 December 15th 03 10:22 AM
vicious old bitch strikes again Rosa Palmén Dog behavior 0 December 15th 03 10:22 AM