GOOD Franklin update!

Old September 5th 07, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

Default GOOD Franklin update!

I went to visit Franklin in the hospital this morning. All I can say is
WOW. He was his usual wiggly, kissy, silly self, and happy to see me
(and his blue ball!). I spent about 20 minutes with him and was told
that surgery is ON HOLD for now, since he's improved so much!

What a whirlwind of emotion. I have to wait until my vet gets in at
noon and calls, but they are amazed at the improvement (and his RBC is
going up) and they aren't going to cut with him doing this well.

I'm thinking that the power of prayer has done a lot here, and please,
whatever you're doing, keep doing it. I was thrilled to see my boy
being himself (not to mention eating and drinking without vomiting) and
am feeling SO much more hopeful than I was last night and even this
morning.

--
Janet Boss
Old September 5th 07, 03:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Janet Boss wrote:

I'm thinking that the power of prayer has done a lot here, and please,
whatever you're doing, keep doing it.

Will do!

I was thrilled to see my boy
being himself (not to mention eating and drinking without vomiting) and
am feeling SO much more hopeful than I was last night and even this
morning.

Well done, Franklin!

Is it possible that his RBC was low for some other, less serious
reason, and that the diagnosis was incorrect?

--
Shelly
Old September 5th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Shelly wrote:

Is it possible that his RBC was low for some other, less serious
reason, and that the diagnosis was incorrect?

Yes. I'm hoping that's the case (as are the vets)!

--
Janet Boss
Old September 5th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Janet Boss wrote:

Yes. I'm hoping that's the case (as are the vets)!

I've learned something today, Kyle...

Here's hoping that Mr. Franklin has something else entirely that is
notnotnot as serious as AHA. Fingers and toes crossed!

--
Shelly
Old September 5th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 10:51:39 -0400, Janet Boss
wrote:

I went to visit Franklin in the hospital this morning. All I can say is
WOW. He was his usual wiggly, kissy, silly self, and happy to see me
(and his blue ball!). I spent about 20 minutes with him and was told
that surgery is ON HOLD for now, since he's improved so much!

Great!

What a whirlwind of emotion. I have to wait until my vet gets in at
noon and calls, but they are amazed at the improvement (and his RBC is
going up) and they aren't going to cut with him doing this well.

Perhaps it was a missed diagnosis? Or a remission?

Has Franklin had any vaccinations of late? Any chronic illness?

I'm thinking that the power of prayer has done a lot here, and please,
whatever you're doing, keep doing it. I was thrilled to see my boy
being himself (not to mention eating and drinking without vomiting) and
am feeling SO much more hopeful than I was last night and even this
morning.

Will do!

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Repressive "reality-based" candidate wants to *require* all Americans to undergo physical and mental health checks!
http://althouse.blogspot.com/2007/09...not-to-go.html

Smoking in the Boy's Room.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...QxMGY5YWJkMzY=

Some "consensus," eh?
"Less Than Half of all Published Scientists Endorse Global Warming Theory"
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...c-6880767e7966

"They're very excitable, these Democrats."
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=22161

In typical "reality-based" fashion, John Edwards wants you to give up *your* SUV, but wants to keep *his* 30,000
sq. ft. home, multiple SUVs, ride in private jets, etc.
http://www.wlos.com/template/inews_w...wlos.com.shtml
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...dwardsHome.jpg

*This* is the *real* reason why the "reality-based" community pushes global-warming hysteria.
To push you around and take your money. Senator Dingell now wants a cap on the Mortgage Interest Deduction!
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007...ll_wants_c.php

Freakin' Democrats. spit

The "reality-based" community: Hopelessly Devoted to Failure.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...ZhYjU5ZjEzNDE=

Why "liberal" doesn't quite fit:
"In the short term, this reflects the failure of the Republican Party to secure its hard-won victories. In
the longer term, this may provide a new opportunity for the heirs to authentic liberalism - today's conservatives -
as they often thrive when lovers of big government, by whatever name they go by, overreach."
http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2007/...beral-doe.html

"The main proponents of 'universal coverage' want to throw more money at the current health care system,
which strikes me as unwise. I believe that the 'universal coverage' mantra is dysfunctional for the same
reason that 'more money for public schools' is a dysfunctional mantra for education. When your current
approach is digging you into a hole, the sensible thing to do is not to dig faster. It is to stop digging."
http://www.tcsdaily.com/article.aspx?id=080607B
Old September 5th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
I went to visit Franklin in the hospital this morning. All I can say is
WOW. He was his usual wiggly, kissy, silly self, and happy to see me
(and his blue ball!). I spent about 20 minutes with him and was told
that surgery is ON HOLD for now, since he's improved so much!

What a whirlwind of emotion. I have to wait until my vet gets in at
noon and calls, but they are amazed at the improvement (and his RBC is
going up) and they aren't going to cut with him doing this well.

I'm thinking that the power of prayer has done a lot here, and please,
whatever you're doing, keep doing it. I was thrilled to see my boy
being himself (not to mention eating and drinking without vomiting) and
am feeling SO much more hopeful than I was last night and even this
morning.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Very good news Janet, will keep the good and positive thoughts coming your
way throughout the day.

td

Old September 5th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:

Has Franklin had any vaccinations of late? Any chronic illness?

He had his RV on 8/14. No illness other than the vomiting the last few
days. Chicken and egg?

--
Janet Boss
Old September 5th 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:26:01 -0400, Janet Boss

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:

Has Franklin had any vaccinations of late? Any chronic illness?

He had his RV on 8/14. No illness other than the vomiting the last few
days. Chicken and egg?

I don't really know, but I certainly wouldn't dismiss it as a possible
contributor to all of this. Rabies vaccinations have long been known
to be capable of triggering autoimmune reactions.

So, as far as you know, Franklin suffers from no chronic (continuing,
recurring, etc.) disease?

Old September 5th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:

So, as far as you know, Franklin suffers from no chronic (continuing,
recurring, etc.) disease?

Not that we know of, but the big "C" is always looming. He had a tumor
removed last year that was "epiltheliotropic (sp?) lymphoma" No
recurrence that we've found.

--
Janet Boss
Old September 5th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 11:52:55 -0400, Janet Boss

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:

So, as far as you know, Franklin suffers from no chronic (continuing,
recurring, etc.) disease?

Not that we know of, but the big "C" is always looming. He had a tumor
removed last year that was "epiltheliotropic (sp?) lymphoma" No
recurrence that we've found.

I was thinking more along the lines of something like hypothyroidism,
but cancer is always a possibility, unfortunately.

Did he undergo any post-op treatment? Radiation or chemo?