Hartz Flea Stuff

Old August 21st 04, 07:17 AM
Suzie-Q

Default Hartz Flea Stuff

I've heard a lot of bad reports about Hartz Flea (drops?) and
cats, but I haven't heard anything about how dogs react. Have there
been any reports of dogs getting sick after being treated with Hartz
products? I'm talking about their OTC flea drops that are supposed to
look like Frontline or Advantage.

Thanks in advance,
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617

***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
Old August 24th 04, 01:42 AM
CCDOX

I don't know if there are any reports, but my vet has told me not to buy
anything that Hartz makes. He didn't say why and I didn't ask.
Dorothy, owned by C.C., a very spoiled dachshund
Old August 24th 04, 06:10 PM
CCDOX

I'll bet C.C. isn't as spoiled as my Rosie!

Sue, I bet you'd lose that bet! Does Rosie have her own stroller? (yes, a baby
stroller bought for the dog) Does she have her name on her collar in
rhinestone letters? I could go on.....
Dorothy, owned by C.C., a very spoiled dachshund
Old August 26th 04, 09:11 AM
Jo Wolf

Back to your original question, perhaps? grin

You will save money in the long run by using Frontline/Frontline Plus or
Advantage/Advantix. They are more effective and last longer, according
to people who have tried the Hartz products in an attept to save money!

Hartz has, in the past, shown less than sterling regard for honesty as
regards some earlier flea products. Frankly, I have always been able to
find better products of all types, in the same price range, than Hartz
products for the same uses... insect control, shampoo, etc..... Cheap
and inexpensive are not synonyms....

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia