Soda, defintely OT

Old September 11th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Default Soda, defintely OT

Hi Y'all,
I was shopping at my favorite store recently and found the cheapest
dog toys ever. Big Lots is my store. I found the dog bone shaped toy
with squeakies in both ends and a tennis ball in the middle for 50
cents. I got an arm load. They only last a split second here, but
still fun.
While shopping I spotted some bottled soda. The flavor was Berry
Lemonade. The cost was 60 cents for a bottle. What drew me in was the
packaging, they had the cutest non-descript looking brown dog on the
bottle. The labels were in black and white. They are made by Jones
Soda. The beverage was good (to my surprise). I then explored their
web site to find out more about the label, how they chose the brown dog,
that somehow reminds me of a dog I have known. No brown dog on the web
site, but I discovered the product is made from natural cane sugar. So,
now I think of it as a health food
You gotta check out their web site. You can custom order it with your
own labels on it. You can also take a silly quiz to determine what kind
of soda you prefer. I turned out to be Cream Soda. Kat Von D is their
? person of the month. I love that girl. She is one of my favorite
tattoo artists.
The only bad think about Big Lots is when you find something you like
and go back for more it is gone.
I can't find it down here (Fl) www.jonessoda,com
I should have gotten a bunch of those dog toys to take to the local
shelter, or to have someone deliver for me, as I can not bear to go. I
doubt they have the man power to clean up the fuzz, and moniter the dogs
to keep them from choking on parts?

Be Free.....Judy

Old September 11th 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Shelly wrote:
I'm betting that the soda you got at Big[-n-]Lots was the older HFCS
stuff they were off-loading.

Probably, but maybe not. I've been kind of surprised by the
stuff that shows up at Big Lots.

Here's a little secret we sometimes share with the goyim:
corn syrup is not kosher for Passover, so every year
Coca-Cola makes a big batch of Coke with real sugar and
sells it in kosher markets in cities with large Jewish
populations. I know people who aren't Jewish but who make a
pilgramage to NYC every spring to buy a bunch of cases. I
don't like soda pop all that much, myself.

I've become a stickler for avoiding HFCS, which is nasty
stuff. As nearly as I can tell the only sports drink/
electrolyte replacement that doesn't use it is Gatorade.

obDog: along similar lines, someone just published some
research showing that dogs in Alaska fed diets very high in
salmon had large amounts of mercury in their system.
Something to consider when shopping for a fish oil
supplement.
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/0...tegory=animals

Old September 11th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

(Melinda Shore) wrote in
:

Probably, but maybe not. I've been kind of surprised by the
stuff that shows up at Big Lots.

True, that! And, they've cleaned up their act over the past few
years. When I was in high school, our local store was pretty awful.
Stuff just heaped everywhere and the floors were always filthy. It's
not like that, now.

Here's a little secret we sometimes share with the goyim:
corn syrup is not kosher for Passover,

I had no idea!

I know people who aren't Jewish but who make a
pilgramage to NYC every spring to buy a bunch of cases.

If I were a hardcore Coke drinker, I'd probably make do the same
thing.

I've become a stickler for avoiding HFCS, which is nasty
stuff.

Foul. And it's in every damned thing, too. Bread! I've had to go
back to making my own, because it was too much trouble to read every
freaking bread label in the grocery store.

And I thought hidden meat was a pain in the ass to keep track of.

obDog: along similar lines, someone just published some
research showing that dogs in Alaska fed diets very high in
salmon had large amounts of mercury in their system.
Something to consider when shopping for a fish oil
supplement.
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/0...html?category=
animals

Yikes! We've been using flax oil, but it's not a perfect solution.
I wouldn't take fish oil, but I'd give it to Harriet, only I really
wouldn't know where to start.

--
Shelly
Old September 11th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Shelly wrote:
Yikes! We've been using flax oil, but it's not a perfect solution.
I wouldn't take fish oil, but I'd give it to Harriet, only I really
wouldn't know where to start.

I've been using an oil that's made from sardines and
anchovies (http://www.seapet.com), and you can find it made
from menhaden, as well.

Old September 11th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article 2007091117465616807-montana@wildhackcominvalid,
montana wildhack wrote:
People practically camp out at the stores waiting for the delivery of
real sugar cola! It is GONE!

I believe it, but you'd think that in these days of the
intertubes you'd be able to buy it online.

Old September 11th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Shelly,
Target eh? I will have to check it out. My sis swears she has seen
it somewhere down here.
Bingo, you are right again. I saved the 2 bottles I bought, because I
love that dog's face and I was going to do something with the bottles
like sprout some kind of plant or clutter up the kitchen even more. I
just read the labels and sure enough, they offed the high fructose corn
syrup to Big Lots. I did not even know about the variety made from cane
sugar at the time of purchase (nor did I care).
I really don't drink much these days, but if I did it would be Vodla
and something. `I think it will be Vodka and Jones soda Berry Lemonade,
if I can find any

Be Free.....Judy

Old September 11th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Melinda,
I swill down Root Beer. I am hooked, gotta have it, it is my drug of
choice. I know it is going to be the death of me but I love it.
Apparently, from what you posted nothing is safe. Who would think
dogs eating wild salmon would be poisoned by Mercury? Now, I guess I
would, after reading your article.
I used to be a Coca Cola girl. Coke panders to everyone, down here
they sell Bike Week coke during Bike Week and Nascar drivers, during the
Daytona 500. I am sure they do not change the ingredients as they do
for the Jewish holiday.
Happy Passover.

Be Free.....Judy

Old September 11th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message
Melinda,
I swill down Root Beer. I am hooked, gotta have it, it is my drug of
choice. I know it is going to be the death of me but I love it.
Apparently, from what you posted nothing is safe. Who would think
dogs eating wild salmon would be poisoned by Mercury? Now, I guess I
would, after reading your article.
I used to be a Coca Cola girl. Coke panders to everyone, down here
they sell Bike Week coke during Bike Week and Nascar drivers, during the
Daytona 500. I am sure they do not change the ingredients as they do
for the Jewish holiday.
Happy Passover.

Be Free.....Judy

============
Have you ever had a Root Beer Float with soft serve ice cream at the Dairy
Queen. Unbelievably good.

Old September 12th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"pfoley" wrote in message

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message
Melinda,
I swill down Root Beer. I am hooked, gotta have it, it is my drug of
choice. I know it is going to be the death of me but I love it.
Apparently, from what you posted nothing is safe. Who would think
dogs eating wild salmon would be poisoned by Mercury? Now, I guess I
would, after reading your article.
I used to be a Coca Cola girl. Coke panders to everyone, down here
they sell Bike Week coke during Bike Week and Nascar drivers, during the
Daytona 500. I am sure they do not change the ingredients as they do
for the Jewish holiday.
Happy Passover.

Be Free.....Judy

============
Have you ever had a Root Beer Float with soft serve ice cream at the Dairy
Queen. Unbelievably good.

:-) I can't tell you what a treat it was to introduce my grandsons to
their first root beer floats with A&W Root Beer and vanilla ice cream! The
older two were two and four at the time and completely fascinated watching
grandma put ice cream into a couple of their glasses and top it off with
root beer. They weren't quite sure what it was, but after their first
taste, they were hooked. Every time they saw me, the wanted root beer
floats! By the time I switched 'em to SunKist Floats, they were pro's.

td