Another Peanut Thing

Old September 13th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

Default Another Peanut Thing

Most nights, Peanut starts out curled up between us, up by our pillows,
and then moves down by our feet to finish out the night. Last night, he
started out normally, and then turn around so that he was half under the
covers...but only the front half. His butt was sticking out from under
the covers and he slept quite comfortably that way for several hours
(not that I stayed awake to notice, but every time I woke up he was like
that). Eventually he did move down to the foot of the bed like he
normally does.

He originally wanted to go all the way under the covers and sleep by our
feet, but we managed to talk him out of that!

He's still the most normal dog I've ever lived with, which is kind of a
scary thought.
--
Bright eyes/burning like fire, * * * * * | Kevin Michael Vail
Bright eyes/how can you close and fail?* |
Old September 13th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Jodi B

On 2007-09-12 22:18:35 -0400, Kevin Michael Vail
said:

He originally wanted to go all the way under the covers and sleep by
our feet, but we managed to talk him out of that!

You don't like warm feet?

Man... I usually put my feet against Bella's back to keep them toasty!

My mom's two BT's bury themselves under the down comforter and sheets every
night.

I'm not sure how they breathe down there, honestly.

Old September 13th 07, 05:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Jodi B wrote:

My mom's two BT's bury themselves under the down comforter and sheets
every night.

I'm not sure how they breathe down there, honestly.

My two Chihuahuas slept under the covers near our feet for about
8 years. Then they discovered PILLOWS! Pretty soon, they were
nudging our heads off our pillows as we slept and claiming them
for themselves. So we gave them their own pillows, but they
still wanted to sleep at the head of the bed, in between our
heads, covered with their own blanket.

Naturally, we accommodated them.

FurPaw

--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old September 13th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

My mom's two BT's bury themselves under the down comforter and sheets
every night.

I'm not sure how they breathe down there, honestly.

I went tent camping last October and it was very cold. Maui doesn't
like it under covers but I made him sleep in the mummy bag with me. I was
worried (like usual) about him breathing down there but more worried about
him freezing so I took the chance. He seemed ok, but never moved an inch!
I stayed awake most of the night to make sure he was still breathing. Cali,
on the other hand, was home with my brother, in a toasty warm bed not
realizing how lucky she was to get left behind. We were there for 1 day and
1 night before I started getting sick, which lasted for a few weeks after
coming home (turns out it was strep throat). Two weeks after the trip, I
developed a rash over my whole body (yup, whole body) and still have the
spots almost a year later, though they are much lighter (thank goodness).
If it weren't for that trip I might never have known that untreated strep
virus can lead to guttate psoriasis in people who are genetic predisposed to
the disease (thanks grandfather!), though I could have lead my whole life
without that little tidbit of info.

Old September 13th 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

In article 2007091222212116807-montana@wildhackcominvalid,

On 2007-09-12 22:18:35 -0400, Kevin Michael Vail said:

He originally wanted to go all the way under the covers and sleep by
our feet, but we managed to talk him out of that!

You don't like warm feet?

I have nothing against warm feet (he usually sleeps on or near them for
at least part of the night) but I worried about him breathing.

Man... I usually put my feet against Bella's back to keep them toasty!

Dogs are great for cold nights, for sure!
Old September 13th 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kevin Michael Vail

In article ,
FurPaw wrote:

Jodi B wrote:

My mom's two BT's bury themselves under the down comforter and sheets
every night.

I'm not sure how they breathe down there, honestly.

My two Chihuahuas slept under the covers near our feet for about
8 years. Then they discovered PILLOWS! Pretty soon, they were
nudging our heads off our pillows as we slept and claiming them
for themselves. So we gave them their own pillows, but they
still wanted to sleep at the head of the bed, in between our
heads, covered with their own blanket.

I bet this was adorable.

Naturally, we accommodated them.

But of course! How could you not?
--
Kevin Michael Vail* * | I would rather have a mind opened by wonder
* * * | than one closed by belief. * -- Gerry Spence
Old September 13th 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Kevin Michael Vail wrote:

I have nothing against warm feet (he usually sleeps on or near them for
at least part of the night) but I worried about him breathing.

I wouldn't be too concerned. As long as he he's not trapped and can
get out when he wants to, he'll be fine.

In the winter time, Harriet sleeps on top of the sheet but
completely under the blankets. She will occasionally poke her head
out, but mostly she stays put all night long.

--
Shelly
Old September 15th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ravi

please visit my website www.curewithherbs.info

Old September 15th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

ravi said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

please visit my website www.pimpwithherbs.info

Is this a camping with dogs site? But with herbs?

Old September 18th 07, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paula

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:46:35 -0600, FurPaw
wrote:

Jodi B wrote:

My mom's two BT's bury themselves under the down comforter and sheets
every night.

I'm not sure how they breathe down there, honestly.

My two Chihuahuas slept under the covers near our feet for about
8 years. Then they discovered PILLOWS! Pretty soon, they were
nudging our heads off our pillows as we slept and claiming them
for themselves. So we gave them their own pillows, but they
still wanted to sleep at the head of the bed, in between our
heads, covered with their own blanket.

Naturally, we accommodated them.

Faith has discovered pyramids. They are supposed to be for cats, but
since Faith likes to be buried in blankets, pillows, etc. or under the
papasan chair with the blanket hanging off it to make a cave, Mimi got
a pyramid thing for Faith. She loves it. But it has to be in the
exact perfect place on Anna's bed. There has to be enough of Anna's
pillow by the opening of the pyramid to block it off, but not so much
that Faith can't stick her head out a tiny bit and keep an eye on her
domain from time to time. We are going to have to rename her
Cleopatra.

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy,