Pets slaughtered for food in meat-starved Zimbabwe

Old September 15th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
vey

Default Pets slaughtered for food in meat-starved Zimbabwe

http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...IaWG58UyjPmdxw

Subject says it all.
Old September 17th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Vey,
I saw this item on the crawl on CNN last night. I had not heard all
of the details, but as you said the subject just about covers the story.
It is so sad to me that we have billions to spend on war, but we do
not have money to feed starving people.
Actually, I am kind of selfish like that. I would like the US to
spend our money on the US, but if we are going to rehabilitate the
Middle East, let's feed the people that are starving.

Be Free.....Judy

Old September 17th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:16:06 -0400, (Judith
Althouse) wrote:

Vey,
I saw this item on the crawl on CNN last night. I had not heard all
of the details, but as you said the subject just about covers the story.
It is so sad to me that we have billions to spend on war, but we do
not have money to feed starving people.
Actually, I am kind of selfish like that. I would like the US to
spend our money on the US, but if we are going to rehabilitate the
Middle East, let's feed the people that are starving.

Apparently you're about as knowledgeable about Zimbabwe as you are
about Che Guevara, eh?

Have you ever heard of a guy by the name of Robert Mugabe? No? I'm
surprised that you don't have a t-shirt with his likeness on it, too,
since you love murderous Marxist thugs so much. Mugabe runs Zimbabwe,
and guess what? Yep, he's a murderous Marxist thug, just like your
old buddy Che.

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=8020

Yes, Mugabe is a murderous Marxist thug. He ran off (by confiscating
their farms and ranches, and by murder) all the farmers and ranchers
who once made Zimbabwe the "breadbasket of Africa." Zimbabwe was
recently an *exporter* of food, darlin'.

Zimbabwe doesn't need food. It needs SOLDIERS!

Preferably UN soldiers, to depose Mugabe.

Otherwise those Zimbabweans not supportive of Mugabe will continue to
look for "creative" ways to find food to eat.

Tip: Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. The world just
loves to look the other way when tyrants and thugs are murdering and
starving their own people. Yeah, that includes you, Judy. So spare us
your concern for the Zimbabwean people.

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

What If MoveOn.org Existed 65 Years Ago?
http://redstate.com/stories/war/what...d_65_years_ago

The Worst School in America.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...A-0CEB4B17EEDE

The Manolo has harsh words for Osama's new look!
http://pajamasmedia.com/2007/09/osam...etrosexual.php

"I mean, if Usama wrote these sentiments on a job application, he could land a spot on the View."
http://www.dailygut.com/index.php?i=3245

Zogby poll: 42% of "reality-based" community are either 9/11 Truthers or Quasi-Truthers (reinforcing, once again,
just how freakin' "smart" these maroons are! Like Mel, they apparently watch Keith Olbermann! Heh.
http://proteinwisdom.com/?p=9747

The horrors of political correctness.
http://michellemalkin.com/2007/09/06...l-correctness/

Some "consensus," eh?
"Less Than Half of all Published Scientists Endorse Global Warming Theory"
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c...c-6880767e7966

The "reality-based" community: Hopelessly Devoted to Failure.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...ZhYjU5ZjEzNDE=

Why "liberal" doesn't quite fit:
"In the short term, this reflects the failure of the Republican Party to secure its hard-won victories. In
the longer term, this may provide a new opportunity for the heirs to authentic liberalism - today's conservatives -
as they often thrive when lovers of big government, by whatever name they go by, overreach."
http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2007/...beral-doe.html

"The main proponents of 'universal coverage' want to throw more money at the current health care system,
which strikes me as unwise. I believe that the 'universal coverage' mantra is dysfunctional for the same
reason that 'more money for public schools' is a dysfunctional mantra for education. When your current
approach is digging you into a hole, the sensible thing to do is not to dig faster. It is to stop digging."
http://www.tcsdaily.com/article.aspx?id=080607B
Old September 17th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Many Dogs \(flick\)

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message
Vey,
I saw this item on the crawl on CNN last night. I had not heard all
of the details, but as you said the subject just about covers the story.
It is so sad to me that we have billions to spend on war, but we do
not have money to feed starving people.
Actually, I am kind of selfish like that. I would like the US to
spend our money on the US, but if we are going to rehabilitate the
Middle East, let's feed the people that are starving.

Zimbabwe isn't part of the Middle East. The crisis there is wholly of
Mugabe's making. At any rate, we've sent 700,000 MT of food in the last
five years, over 140,000 MT this year alone, enough to feed many people.
(1)

The life expectancy for women in Zim has fallen from 65 to 34, the lowest in
the world, during Mugabe's reign. (2)

Please enlighten me. Why should we continue to feed those starving people
when the crisis is entirely Mugabe's fault? Wouldn't it make more sense to
oust Mugabe and help the Zims rebuild?

If your honest answer to the second question is yes, why would it be okay
for us to intervene in Zimbabwe and it wasn't okay to intervene in Iraq to
rid them of a similar murderous thug?

flick 100785

(1) http://gopher.info.usaid.gov/press/r.../pr070724.html
(2) http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...cle1990401.ece

Old September 17th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:17:32 -0500, "Many Dogs \(flick\)"
wrote:

[...]
If your honest answer to the second question is yes, why would it be okay
for us to intervene in Zimbabwe and it wasn't okay to intervene in Iraq to
rid them of a similar murderous thug?

Maybe we can get Sally Field and all the "mothers of the world" to
look into it, eh?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8b3_1190041214&p=1

What are the chances that Ms. Field had this particular mother in
mind, when she accepted her award last night?

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=48178

What in the hell is in the water out in Hollywood, anyway?

LSD?

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Global Warming Leads to Record Ice Levels in Antarctica! Take that, Al Gore!
"It’s hard to see a global warming signal from the mainland of Antarctica right now."
http://icecap.us/index.php/go/joes-b...tal_ice_extent

Old September 18th 07, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Flick,
I freely admit I am not as "up" on the numbers as you are when it
comes to how much food the US has supplied to Zimbabwe in the way of
food. Obviously, it is not enough. I also was surprised at the average
life span for women in Zimbabwe today. I did not know they reached the
age of 34 on average.
So, because of Mugabwe's regime we can't spare enough food to feed
everyone there. I really don't understand. Mugabwe is an evil
dictator, so we let the Zimbabwe people die?
I am not above sending a few folks from the CIA to off the evil
dictator or how ever it is done these days (by the U.S.) covertly.
Hey, didn't we already off the guy that was the evil dictator in Iraq?
You know the one with the WMD that no one could find? Ok, he's dead,
let's bring our troops home, end the "war" and we could afford to feed
the whole damn world.
I think I have a clue Zimbabwe doesn't have a damn thing that we want.
I think I have to agree with Alan Greenspan when he said "this war is
over oil". Oh, he's not the only one that has said it.
You have got your facts together on this Zimbabwe horror story.
Please break it down for me into dollars. How much cash have we spent
on all that food we gave them? It is a crime to let anyone starve to
death IMO.

Be Free.....Judy

Old September 18th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Flick,
Please disregard my request for the dollar amount that was spent on
food in Zimbabwe. I just read your attachments and it was 145 milion
dollars. Wow, how did we afford it?

Be Free.....Judy

Old September 18th 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Flick,
Ok the grand total we have spent over all in Zimbabwe for food is 400
million. We haven't lost any U.S. citizens lives over there.
If we really believed Hussein was a threat to the U.S. or even his
countrymen and he just had to be done away, with and we were the only
living souls capable of killing him. Great, we have accomplished that.
Do we really need to set up housekeeping over there? Did all of the
United States service men and women have to die over there?
Who appointed us the caretaker of the world? What about the U.N.?
This war is an atrocity.

Be Free.....Judy

Old September 18th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Many Dogs \(flick\)

"Judith Althouse" wrote in message
So, because of Mugabwe's regime we can't spare enough food to feed
everyone there. I really don't understand. Mugabwe is an evil
dictator, so we let the Zimbabwe people die?

Mugabe decided to seize many of the privately-owned farms in the country and
give the land to his friends. Problem was, the friends didn't know how to
farm and/or weren't interested.

" The 4,300 farms seized illegally by President Mugabe since 2000 have
followed the same pattern overwhelmingly, and turned one of the most robust
and enterprising agricultural industries into a model of neglect."

"More than a million people living on commercial farms suffered incidents
of assault, torture, being held hostage, illegal detention and death
threats, it estimates. More than 10,000 farm workers are believed to have
died after their removal and the consequent loss of employment, housing,
nutrition and access to health-care on the farms."

"Zimbabwe's maize production fell 74% between 1999 and 2004. The national
cattle herd shrank by 90% and production of flue-cured tobacco fell from
237m kg (233,200 tons) to 70m kg ." (1)

Zimbabwe is suffering from a manmade famine. Just like Cuba, whose people
have been rationed since about 1962. Funny how communism works, isn't it?
Seize everybody's property, everything belongs to the State, and production
goes all to hell no matter how many people you kill and threaten.

Are we supposed to rescue the whole world? Or just the countries that we
aren't rescuing at this time? I think this is a topic that the Left likes
to complain about. We're never doing the right thing. We deposed a brutal
dictator (Saddam) and are helping the people rebuild. But, oh, it's WORSE
in another country, should've gone there, shame on the U.S.! whine

I am not above sending a few folks from the CIA to off the evil
dictator or how ever it is done these days (by the U.S.) covertly.
Hey, didn't we already off the guy that was the evil dictator in Iraq?

The Iraqis offed him. Big difference.

You know the one with the WMD that no one could find?

And there was no other reason to go to Iraq, huh?

Ok, he's dead,
let's bring our troops home, end the "war" and we could afford to feed
the whole damn world.

Yeah, we should work our butts off and actively prop up every dictator in
the world, taking care of all the world's citizens so those brutal POS
dictators can get richer? I. don't. think. so.

I think I have a clue Zimbabwe doesn't have a damn thing that we want.
I think I have to agree with Alan Greenspan when he said "this war is
over oil". Oh, he's not the only one that has said it.

I know, it's been a mantra of the Left.

I, for one, don't much care if this war IS about oil. The alternative is,
do without oil, and all that it brings you. Don't buy anything that got
shipped to your local store. Turn off the power and live without lights and
refrigeration. Don't drive or take the bus. Eat what you can gather from
public lands or cultivate in your backyard with a sharpened stick, or barter
for food that's locally grown.

It's all about the oil, after all.

flick 100785
(1) http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1991195.ece

Old September 18th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Judith Althouse wrote:
Ok the grand total we have spent over all in Zimbabwe for food is 400
million. We haven't lost any U.S. citizens lives over there.

The reason that the extreme right is vexed over Zimbabwe and
not the Congo or any of the other atrocity loci is simple:
Mugabe took land and farms away from white Africans and gave
them to black Africans, and there are black Africans
committing atrocities against white Africans. It's the only
country in Africa where this is the case, as far as I know,
and it's consequently the only country in Africa right-wing
extremists give a crap about.