Blood DNA breed determination

Old September 16th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
wolf

Default Blood DNA breed determination

Hi

I've read of a blood based DNA analysis (as opposed to cheek swabing)
that is supposed to give you information on your dog's breed mix.

Has anyone had this done? What does the result report look like? Were
you happy with it?

Thanks

wolf
Old September 16th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
diddy[_2_]

wolf spoke these words of wisdom in
:

Hi

I've read of a blood based DNA analysis (as opposed to cheek swabing)
that is supposed to give you information on your dog's breed mix.

Has anyone had this done? What does the result report look like? Were
you happy with it?

Thanks

wolf

If you notice, the DNA breed analysis is highly innacurate, unless you
happen to have one of the 33 breeds that they "happen" to have DNA
analysis for. I guess that's what they want pictures of your dog for, for
a visual identification that may make you feel a little bit better when
they rip you off for your money.

They happen to not have my breed listed. I did not send in a picture, and
they made a wild and totally innacurate guess to what my breed might be.

Save your money until they get more science behind this.
Old September 17th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
wolf

In article , diddy none
wrote:

[...]

It is my understanding that the blood based analysis looks at 135 breeds
while the cheek swab kind only does 38 breeds. That's why I'm
particularly interested in the blood based test.

Would the dog lick the blood? [email protected] Dog behavior 18 June 24th 06 04:22 AM
Blood in Urine? Groovok Dog breeds 2 March 28th 06 08:56 PM
blood platlettes Rob McCarthy Dog behavior 1 January 19th 06 04:02 AM
Blood in urine Chloe's Mom Dog behavior 4 March 20th 05 08:51 PM
Dog has Blood in Urine Anita Vega Dog health 0 October 1st 03 05:40 AM