Eclipse goes for a run

Old September 19th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Eclipse goes for a run

[]
So fall training has started, although the past couple of
days have been too warm to ask the dogs to pull. Instead,
I've been running them one-at-a-time alongside the ATV.
Yesterday I mounted the new helmet cam on the front rack and
tried to record the dogs in motion. It was pointing over
the heads of the other dogs but I was able to get some of
Eclipse, although the six foot leash turns out to keep the
dog too close to get whole-body shots. It also turns out
that that much motion really taxes the cheapie camera's
itty-bitty brain. So,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LViecnHBiSc

[And happy Talk Like a Pirate Day! What are *you* doing to
celebrate?]

Old September 19th 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
filly[_2_]

[]

--

Oh, I think later I'll go a-plundering. Silent plundering as my accent is
just all wrong.

I think the video is really quite good, all things considered. I got a real
sense of Eclipse's joy and focus in running. She is a beauty. Strong and
graceful.
Karla

Old September 19th 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
[]
So fall training has started, although the past couple of
days have been too warm to ask the dogs to pull. Instead,
I've been running them one-at-a-time alongside the ATV.
Yesterday I mounted the new helmet cam on the front rack and
tried to record the dogs in motion. It was pointing over
the heads of the other dogs but I was able to get some of
Eclipse, although the six foot leash turns out to keep the
dog too close to get whole-body shots. It also turns out
that that much motion really taxes the cheapie camera's
itty-bitty brain. So,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LViecnHBiSc

[And happy Talk Like a Pirate Day! What are *you* doing to
celebrate?]

==========
Loved that; see if you can get a couple of more dogs in the camera's view.
Those dogs must have a lot of stamina.

Old September 19th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Melinda Shore wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LViecnHBiSc

She looks like she's just running for the sheer joy of it.

And this came up as a 'related' video - a kitten stalking a wild
Husky paw. Brave (or foolhardy) kitten, extremely gentle Husky.
It's amazing how quickly the Husky went from curiosity into
play mode, near the beginning; you could almost hear a switch
flip in the brain.

FurPaw

--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old September 19th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
FurPaw wrote:
She looks like she's just running for the sheer joy of it.

One of the things people love about the breed is that
they're joyful dogs. In videotaping the different dogs I
was hoping to capture differences in gaits (for sledding
friends/associates) but also differences in attitudes. Crow
is focused and disciplined and smooth, Eclipse just loves to
run her brains out, Cinder is focused and smooth but a
little flaky, and Slick, well, Slick is something else
entirely.

Old September 19th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

(Melinda Shore) wrote in news:fcr4ef$3j$1
@panix2.panix.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LViecnHBiSc

She really does seem to be having an awesome time.

[And happy Talk Like a Pirate Day! What are *you* doing to
celebrate?]

Arrrrr!

(I noticed that there was a little pirate flag graphic when I logged
on to Flickr this ayem. Now I know why.)

--
Shelly
Old September 19th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

FurPaw wrote in
:

It's amazing how quickly the Husky went from curiosity into
play mode, near the beginning; you could almost hear a switch
flip in the brain.

I was ready for things to turn bad, but then the Husky put her (his?)
head on the ground, with the side of her muzzle flat against the
pavement. She really did seem to suddenly "get" that the kitten was
for gently playing with.

When Pandora as a kitten, I had a Husky who'd been raised with cats.
Pan and her littermate would stalk her tail and would bite her ears,
paws, and nose, trying to bully her into playing with them. It often
worked.

--
Shelly
Old September 19th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Terri wrote:
Write to me in jail.

Better, we'll hide a file in an afghan knitted from spun
husky undercoat. (And if things don't settle down here
you'll get the husky, too).

Old September 19th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

in rec.pets.dogs.behavior, FurPaw wrote in
:

And this came up as a 'related' video - a kitten stalking a wild
Husky paw. Brave (or foolhardy) kitten, extremely gentle Husky.
It's amazing how quickly the Husky went from curiosity into
play mode, near the beginning; you could almost hear a switch
flip in the brain.

Link???

--
Marcel Beaudoin and Moogli
Old September 19th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

Marcel Beaudoin wrote in
. 1.4:

Link???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULlsVcW5bRI

It's the first video in the "related" videos sidebar.

--
Shelly