Help Locating a Particular Breeder?

Old October 2nd 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
CaptainPike

Default Help Locating a Particular Breeder?

Hi there. I apologize if this question has been asked, but I've
searched the archives and have come up empty-handed, and was hoping
someone might be of assistance.

Is there any way of locating a certain licensed breeder that sold the
person the dog that was then given to me? At the time, ten years ago,
I was given all the paperwork with the breeder's information. However,
a recent search for this person through public record archives and dog
breeder search engines has proven difficult, as this person has a
common first and last name and apparently no longer lives at the same
location listed on the Certificate of Pedigree as well as the blank
AKC Dog Registration form.

Is there an organization I can call or write to that this person might
have been registered with that may have archives that were then
updated with the original breeder's change of address? Any help would
be very much appreciated, as it would mean a great deal to me to get
another dog from the same lineage as my beloved deceased pet, a basset
hound that I was very fond of. My only other option is to drive two
hours to where this person lived 10 years ago and asking the landlord
or neighbors, and I don't really want to bother anybody who might
think my intentions are anything but sincere.

Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email
me at

Old October 2nd 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
diddy[_2_]

CaptainPike spoke these words of wisdom in
oups.com:

[...]

I'm very sorry for your loss
Old October 2nd 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Rocky[_2_]

CaptainPike said in
rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Is there an organization I can call or write to that this
person might have been registered with that may have
archives that were then updated with the original breeder's
change of address?

I assume that you're in the States - have you tried the parent
club, the Basset Hound Club of America?
http://www.basset-bhca.org/

They have a breeder directory, or may remember the breeder.

Old October 2nd 07, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Liisa Sarakontu[_2_]

CaptainPike wrote in
oups.com:

be very much appreciated, as it would mean a great deal to me to get
another dog from the same lineage as my beloved deceased pet, a basset
hound that I was very fond of.

You don't need the same breeder, you just need the same bloodlines and they
can be very well found from other breeders too. Just show the pedigree of
your late dog to a person who is fluent with Basset bloodlines and ask
recommendations.

Liisa