Puppies!

Old October 2nd 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

Default Puppies!

Ahem. I mean, puppies. For those of you that are into that sort of thing.

http://www.petharbor.org/availdogs.shtml

They have videos too. Boring!

Suja

Old October 2nd 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Suja wrote:
Ahem. I mean, puppies. For those of you that are into that sort of thing.

And which one is going to go live with you?

Old October 2nd 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Suja wrote:
If I had to pick one, I'd go with Grant. I really like Jacqui too, but
she's a girl, and there just isn't any more room in this house for bitches.

I was kind of struck by Simmons, although I'd sure like to
know what his sire was. In the meantime, I just got some
email about a couple of really interesting possible
breedings next year. 'Cause, well, you never know.

Old October 2nd 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message:

And which one is going to go live with you?

See the part about "For those of you that are into that sort of thing."
That means Not Me!

Old October 2nd 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message:

I was kind of struck by Simmons,

I liked the looks, but wasn't sure what they meant by him having a serious
guardian side. 6 week old puppies don't have serious protective sides to
them, do they?

although I'd sure like to
know what his sire was.

I'm posting in .breeds. I'm sure Liisa can come up with some suggestions.
I'm thinking that they could be PB Huskies, and maybe GSD/Husky mixes.
Don't really see a whole lot else in them, although it's so hard to tell
with puppies. Oh, and do baby Husky puppies have pointy-uppy ears at this
age?

In the meantime, I just got some
email about a couple of really interesting possible
breedings next year. 'Cause, well, you never know.

Oooh, puppies! Better still, Melinda's getting puppies next year. Assuming
you're interested, what would you be looking for?

BTW, we had a 13 week old yellow Lab puppy at the dog park the other day.
Softest little rotund beastie. I can certainly see their appeal.

Suja

Old October 2nd 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Suja wrote:
Oh, and do baby Husky puppies have pointy-uppy ears at this
age?

Sometimes (that is to say, not necessarily). Here are a
couple of pretty nice sequences from potatoes to tweens:
http://www.taymarr.com/pupi.html and http://www.taymarr.com/pupn.html
They almost all eventually get uppity ears (big honkin'
ears, in fact, that we sometimes refer to as "Seppalears").

Oooh, puppies! Better still, Melinda's getting puppies next year. Assuming
you're interested, what would you be looking for?

A one-year-old male. Hah! Other than that, something
compatible gait-wise, speed-wise, and temperamentally with
the dogs I've already got. I'm at that point in our early
training where everything is looking great and I have
nothing but the highest hopes for our season. I expect to
be totally demoralized by, say, early January or so, and
then kind of equivocal about the whole thing in the spring.
It's the cycle of the seasons!

Old October 2nd 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

(Melinda Shore) wrote in news:fdubbv$3pf$1
@panix2.panix.com:

http://www.taymarr.com/pupn.html

Oh, for the love of dog, they are adorable!

Melinda, I hope Saber is feeling better very soon -- is he mostly
sleeping it off?

--
Catherine
& Zoe, Queenie, & Max, 3 black dogs of varying sizes
Old October 2nd 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"Suja" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

Oh, and do baby Husky puppies have pointy-uppy ears at this
age?

I think it varies. Tuck's ears were born up, went down for a half day when he
cut teeth, and popped right back up within the day. His sister's ears were up
at birth and then down at 2 weeks until she was 4 months old when they came
up again.
Old October 2nd 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
ceb wrote:
Melinda, I hope Saber is feeling better very soon -- is he mostly
sleeping it off?

Finally! He's very verbal and makes unfortunate noises
(sounds like sobbing) and so he was carrying on for quite a
bit after he got home. The tech said that he was upset
while he was there and paced and carried on non-stop once he
woke up, so I'm kind of hoping that he wore himself out.
He was happy to get a little bit of food and some water and
then he dozed off. Unfortunately it's right in the middle
of the route to the kitchen but for better or worse the
other dogs don't respect him much and so hop right over him.

Old October 2nd 07, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:38:53 -0400, "Suja" wrote:

[...]
BTW, we had a 13 week old yellow Lab puppy at the dog park the other day.
Softest little rotund beastie. I can certainly see their appeal.

Heh.

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Scientist silenced by politician for his position on global warming
http://hotair.com/archives/2007/10/0...lobal-warming/

A reading assignment for Comrade Sho
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...opinion-center

No Free Speech, Please - This is Columbia
http://www.mindingthecampus.com/foru...e_this_is.html

Pathetic.
http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...djYzRmNjFhYzE=

"Idiots are now convinced that Dubya doesn’t know Nelson Mandela is still alive"
"What has in fact died, and what a miserable, stinking death it was, is real intellectual rigor on the idiot left."
http://timblair.net/ee/index.php/web...he_television/

"At Ahmadinejad's speech, every vicious anti-Western civilization remark was cheered wildly.
It was like watching an episode of HBO's 'Real Time With Bill Maher.'"
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=22596

Columbia’s Squalid Mistake - Academia's Ugly Blindness.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/09252007...id_mistake.htm

"Al Qaeda Lost"
http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/001519.html

Israel captured nuke materials in Syria!
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl..._in_Syria&only

George Soros: The man behind the "reality-based" community.
http://www.investors.com/editorial/e...75181103776079

The Soros Threat To Democracy
http://www.investors.com/editorial/e...75526219598836