smart classified ad

Old October 7th 07, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

Default smart classified ad

"FREE female chocolate poodle" was the ad, I gave the number a call because
the curiosity got to the best of me. I don't really want a third dog yet.

Anyway, the person who answered the phone said that the dog was not
available but she has several other poodles. She's older in age and in and
out of the hospital with some illness. She placed the ad to get names of
people who would be able to give her dogs a good home if she is
hospitalized, sick, or no longer with us. A friend is in charge of the list
and is to see to it that the dogs are not put to sleep or thrown in
shelters. She wants them to have good homes and to know that they will be
taken care of. For someone who obviously doesn't have family around to do
that for her or care for the dogs, I think that is very smart of the woman
to do.

Old October 7th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paula

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 13:50:22 -0400, "MauiJNP" wrote:

"FREE female chocolate poodle" was the ad, I gave the number a call because
the curiosity got to the best of me. I don't really want a third dog yet.

Anyway, the person who answered the phone said that the dog was not
available but she has several other poodles. She's older in age and in and
out of the hospital with some illness. She placed the ad to get names of
people who would be able to give her dogs a good home if she is
hospitalized, sick, or no longer with us. A friend is in charge of the list
and is to see to it that the dogs are not put to sleep or thrown in
shelters. She wants them to have good homes and to know that they will be
taken care of. For someone who obviously doesn't have family around to do
that for her or care for the dogs, I think that is very smart of the woman
to do.

What is it with old frail people and poodles? We got Sammie because
of a similar situation.

--
Paula
"There are nice boys, but I don't know any." Kiara, a six year old girl
Old October 7th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Paula wrote:
What is it with old frail people and poodles? We got Sammie because
of a similar situation.

It may be a generational thing rather than an inherently "old
people" thing. That is to say, at some point little poodles
were more popular than they are now, and it may be that the
people who were in their prime then are old and frail now.
In 30 or 40 years someone might be asking "What is it with
old frail people and Labrador Retrievers?"