Singing dogs

Old October 11th 07, 04:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

Default Singing dogs

DH was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning, and
called me about a dog event that is this weekend. One of the things
mentioned was a dog singing contest. I am soooooo bummed. Franklin
would have nailed that competition. All I would have to do is bring
along a recording of any Law and Order theme song, a local news
station's theme song, or Thunder Road and he would have been singing
louder and with more enthusiasm than any other dog - no doubt about it.

Watching L&O has taken on a whole new mood. I practically break into
tears everytime I realize we don't need to "mute". The gold dogs just
lie quietly at our feet or on the sofas.

--
Janet Boss
Old October 11th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Janet Boss spoke these words of wisdom in
:

DH was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning, and
called me about a dog event that is this weekend. One of the things
mentioned was a dog singing contest. I am soooooo bummed. Franklin
would have nailed that competition. All I would have to do is bring
along a recording of any Law and Order theme song, a local news
station's theme song, or Thunder Road and he would have been singing
louder and with more enthusiasm than any other dog - no doubt about it.

Watching L&O has taken on a whole new mood. I practically break into
tears everytime I realize we don't need to "mute". The gold dogs just
lie quietly at our feet or on the sofas.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

sad memories. I'm sorry
Old October 11th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
snipped
Watching L&O has taken on a whole new mood. I practically break into
tears everytime I realize we don't need to "mute". The gold dogs just
lie quietly at our feet or on the sofas.

--
Janet Boss
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

I've never had a singing dog, Franklin sounds like he was quite a character.
I'm so sorry for your loss. Memories, so very hard. Will keep Franklin in
my thoughts today, and you too.

best,

td

Old October 11th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Janet Boss wrote:

Watching L&O has taken on a whole new mood. I practically break into
tears everytime I realize we don't need to "mute". The gold dogs just
lie quietly at our feet or on the sofas.

Awww! It's the little, everyday things like that that always get
me, I think because they are unexpected.

We had a dog when I was a kid who was a singer. He used to sit
outside the corner church and howl along with the music.
Eventually, all the neighborhood dogs started joining him.

--
Shelly
Old October 11th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Julia Altshuler

diddy wrote:
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

sad memories. I'm sorry

No, no, happy memories. Also sorry.

--Lia

Old October 11th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Julia Altshuler spoke these words of wisdom in
:

diddy wrote:
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

sad memories. I'm sorry

No, no, happy memories. Also sorry.

--Lia

I'm sure they are certainly emotionally loaded moments, but right now.
probably too raw to be happy.

I had an old dog that died back in 1989 that crooned like no dog I've ever
heard. He had perfect pitch. He was a purebred, a show dog, but nothing
else every distinguished him as special, except he was such a kindly gent,
that his claim to fame was that he never hurt anything and his amazing
operatic voice.

He always sang the exact same song with precision. He had perfect pitch.
If he heard a siren in the distance, we knew.

He'd start out with a low
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
raise an octive
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
raise an octive
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
raise an octive
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
lower an octive
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
lower an octive
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
lower an octive
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
lower an octive
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Perfect everytime. It was amazing, yet chilling, and so ever beautiful
When he sang, anyone within earshot would stop, and listen in silence and
awe.

Decades later, I still remember that song with crystal clarity, and will
always remember that dog with a fondness and amazement, even though he
never distinguished himself as special in any other way.

His name was CH Windy Cove Gunnar's Running Gun
Old October 11th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
BethInAK

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
DH was listening to the radio on the way to work this morning, and
called me about a dog event that is this weekend. One of the things
mentioned was a dog singing contest. I am soooooo bummed. Franklin
would have nailed that competition. All I would have to do is bring
along a recording of any Law and Order theme song, a local news
station's theme song, or Thunder Road and he would have been singing
louder and with more enthusiasm than any other dog - no doubt about it.

Watching L&O has taken on a whole new mood. I practically break into
tears everytime I realize we don't need to "mute". The gold dogs just
lie quietly at our feet or on the sofas.

I would have loved to see Franklin singing along to the TV.

Old October 11th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"BethInAK" wrote:

I would have loved to see Franklin singing along to the TV.

I'm surprised you never heard him in AK! It was a bit ear piercing,
but one more part of his unique charm. The coffee grinder would set him
off too. Who needs an alarm clock?

--
Janet Boss
Old October 11th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article 6,
Tara wrote:

For about a year I couldn't see that commercial without a tear in my eye.

Tara

yabbut was it on as much as L&O and all it's spinoffs? I swear - I
can't even change the channel w/flipping by one of them - they're
everywhere!

--
Janet Boss