|If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.|
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Greyhound Racing - Who is the real winner?
For the greyhounds at least, it isnīt as simple as "first past the
post". No matter how hard they try, how fast they run, ultimately they
will be the losers.
So who are the winners in this sport?
· the greyhound industry as a whole, which generates enormous annual
· The owners of the best registered dogs, who profit from prizes
· The registered dog owners who can sell the best dogs on to the
independent sector, once they have no further use for them.
· the puppies killed because they wonīt make the grade as a racer.
· The thousands and thousands of greyhounds racing in the independent
sector whose welfare is not regulated.
· The dogs kept in appalling, dirty, cramped conditions.
· The injured greyhounds, many of whom go untreated.
· The dogs abandoned or killed when they canīt run fast enough to win
How can you make a difference to the dogs, and help the greyhounds
become the winners?
Sign our petition on http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/sto...ound-slaughter
.. We are aiming for 20,000 signatures to present our protest to
Governments around the globe in March 2008.
And if you can afford to make a donation, please sign up on
Better still, make one special dog a winner! Adopt a greyhound and you
will gain a loyal and rewarding pet. Your dog will then be the
ultimate winner with the best prize of all - a long and happy life!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Greyhound Racing - Who is the real winner?||Lou Crowley||Dog rescue||0||October 18th 07 11:17 AM|
|Greyhound Racing - Who is the real winner?||[email protected]||Dog rescue||0||October 18th 07 01:13 AM|
|Greyhound Racing Who is the real winner?||Lou.Crowley||Dog rescue||0||October 16th 07 06:30 PM|
|Live racing vs Virtual racing?||gon2dogs.com||Dog behavior||2||May 12th 06 03:22 PM|