Dog urinated on me

Old October 20th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Dog urinated on me

I have tow labs. I sleep on the floor at night with my old lab
because of his hips and age. My younger lab who is almost two years
old sleeps with us too. Morning routine. Wake up. Young lab jumps
on top of me to lick my face all over. try not to yawn. He lays on
top of me and kisses like crazy.

today he laid accross me as I scratched his back and he urinated on
me. A lot!

He never did that before.

Any ideas, please?

Old October 20th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mirelle

On Oct 20, 12:15 pm, wrote:

"Submissive" peeing, possibly.

Morning routine. Wake up

BEFORE, the hugging and playing with the dogs;
TAKE THE DOGS OUT FOR A PEE AND POOP FIRST.

Mirelle

Old October 21st 07, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
dejablues

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have tow labs. I sleep on the floor at night with my old lab
because of his hips and age. My younger lab who is almost two years
old sleeps with us too. Morning routine. Wake up. Young lab jumps
on top of me to lick my face all over. try not to yawn. He lays on
top of me and kisses like crazy.

today he laid accross me as I scratched his back and he urinated on
me. A lot!

He never did that before.

Any ideas, please?

Don't sleep with them. You have your own bed, they have theirs. You're
supposed to be in charge, not their equal.

Old October 21st 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

"dejablues" wrote in

Don't sleep with them. You have your own bed, they have theirs.
You're supposed to be in charge, not their equal.

Good heavens! There's nothing wrong with letting your dogs sleep
with you.

Since the OP's dog has been fine with their sleeping arrangement
until recently, I'd suggest having him checked by a vet for
incontinence. It sounds to me like the dog just relaxed too much,
but since I wasn't there, it's just a guess.

--
Shelly
Old October 21st 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"dejablues" wrote in message
> [...]

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have tow labs. I sleep on the floor at night with my old lab
because of his hips and age. My younger lab who is almost two years
old sleeps with us too. Morning routine. Wake up. Young lab jumps
on top of me to lick my face all over. try not to yawn. He lays on
top of me and kisses like crazy.

today he laid accross me as I scratched his back and he urinated on
me. A lot!

He never did that before.

Any ideas, please?

Don't sleep with them. You have your own bed, they have theirs. You're
supposed to be in charge, not their equal.

=============
I totally agree.

Old October 22nd 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Bobby

On Oct 21, 6:43 am, Shelly wrote:
"dejablues" wrote innews:mNzSi.2734$BX2.715@trndny09:

Don't sleep with them. You have your own bed, they have theirs.
You're supposed to be in charge, not their equal.

Good heavens! There's nothing wrong with letting your dogs sleep
with you.

Since the OP's dog has been fine with their sleeping arrangement
until recently, I'd suggest having him checked by a vet for
incontinence. It sounds to me like the dog just relaxed too much,
but since I wasn't there, it's just a guess.

--
Shellyhttp://www.cat-sidh.net(the Mother Ship)http://esther.cat-sidh.net(Letters to Esther)

Thank you all for your responses. It seemed to me that Eddie just
relaxed a bunch and wet. I was worried though and so, I posted my
question.
I suppose that I am co-dependant sleeping with my dogs but, it's a
very comfortable place for me and I enjoy having them close to me
through the night.
A couple of people have suggested that this arrangement could make
them lose the "master/dog" relationship which could make them
difficult to manage. Other than the "peeing incident" both the dogs
are submissive and reasonably well behaved which is pretty good since
I have seven teenage boys living at home with me. (They are harder to
manage than the dogs) Thank you all for your feedback.

Old October 22nd 07, 11:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Bobby wrote:

Thank you all for your responses. It seemed to me that Eddie just
relaxed a bunch and wet. I was worried though and so, I posted my
question.

It happens. If it starts to happen frequently, *do* talk to your
vet about it, though.

I suppose that I am co-dependant sleeping with my dogs but, it's a
very comfortable place for me and I enjoy having them close to me
through the night.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

A couple of people have suggested that this arrangement could make
them lose the "master/dog" relationship which could make them
difficult to manage.

Some folks apparently can't manage to maintain their authority if
the dog sleeps on the bed, and it's difficult for them to imagine
that others are not similarly handicapped. That's not to say that
some folks don't have their own reasons for not having their dogs
sleep with them--it's a personal preference, after all. But to
insist that dogs should never sleep on their owners' beds because it
will cause some sort of "dominance problem" is silly.

Other than the "peeing incident" both the dogs
are submissive and reasonably well behaved which is pretty good since
I have seven teenage boys living at home with me. (They are harder to
manage than the dogs) Thank you all for your feedback.

Yowza! Yes, I would think that seven teenagers would be quite a
handful.

--
Shelly
Old October 22nd 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Bobby wrote:

snip
I suppose that I am co-dependant sleeping with my dogs but, it's a
very comfortable place for me and I enjoy having them close to me
through the night.
A couple of people have suggested that this arrangement could make
them lose the "master/dog" relationship which could make them
difficult to manage. snip

I wouldn't waste another thought on the matter. I routinely sleep with
all three of mine and there's no confusion about who's the boss.

A couple of days ago I was at the salon getting my hair done. Judy, my
stylist, has known me for about ten years and knows all about my dogs
and my flyball team. The old gal at the next station was eavesdropping
pretty openly (which is fine, given that there is really no expectation
of privacy at an open-spaced salon).

I decided to have some fun with her, though, and was telling Judy how I
drove to Nashville the Friday before last, and woke up in a cheap hotel
room in bed with an entire flyball team (all four dogs from the Bad Co
lineup).

Two-tone foils, shampoo, cut and blow dry: $90.00
Causing a nosy stranger to nearly sprain her ears: Priceless

Old October 22nd 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"Kathleen" wrote in message
Bobby wrote:

snip

I wouldn't waste another thought on the matter. I routinely sleep with
all three of mine and there's no confusion about who's the boss.

Are you guys sure you aren't simply having your legs pulled? This group
seems to be getting regular 'my dog is pissing on me' posts, usually graphic
and disgusting, since I've been here.

td