Hello!

Old October 27th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
PitBullTalk.com

Default Hello!

I am new to the group but not new to the American Pit Bull Terrier. I
have owned the breed all of my life and hope to continue to do so. I
am very active in the fight against BSL and the discrimination of our
breed AND it's owners. I am an admin on a pit bull message board that
strives to educate owners and the public as to what a wonderful breed
this is and the responsible way to own them. Please check out my
board, join & help us fight for this breed.

www.pitbulltalk.com

I hope to see you there!

Old October 28th 07, 06:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
PitBullTalk.com

On Oct 27, 9:55 pm, Steven Stone wrote:
In article .com,
says...
|I am new to the group but not new to the American Pit Bull Terrier. I
|have owned the breed all of my life and hope to continue to do so. I
|am very active in the fight against BSL and the discrimination of our
|breed AND it's owners.

What is BSL ?

Most of the dogs with "issues" have them because of their owners.
I have seen one or two dogs in 50 years that were a bit psycho, no
fault of the owner, and they were not pit bulls.
Too many people have dogs that don't know or refuse to properly care
for them.

Neuter and Spay

Steve

Hi Steve!

BSL stands for Breed Specific Legislation. The banning of certain
breeds and dogs that resemble certain breeds such as the pit bull,
boxer, GSD, Rotties and so forth.

And you are so right, ANY dog can be a danger if not properly cared
for. A doxie tried to remove my leg a few years ago, I still bare
scars from the little bugger. I was able to pin him to the ground with
my shoe until the owner came for him. A child could have been
horribly hurt by him. It certainly isn't the breed that is the
problem, the problem lies at the other end of the leash more often
than not.