Ping: Marcel

Old October 28th 07, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Default Ping: Marcel

Hey Marcel!!
New pictures of the little one? Is he here yet?
Is Gen ok? Hoping everything comes out ok!
It's time! taps watch
Old October 28th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

diddy none wrote in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Hey Marcel!!
New pictures of the little one? Is he here yet?
Is Gen ok? Hoping everything comes out ok!
It's time! taps watch

Still in her belly. No contractions, nothing.

If she hasn't popped by Wednesday, she gets an appointment to be induced.

--
Marcel and Moogli

Old October 28th 07, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message
. ..
diddy none wrote in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Hey Marcel!!
New pictures of the little one? Is he here yet?
Is Gen ok? Hoping everything comes out ok!
It's time! taps watch

Still in her belly. No contractions, nothing.

If she hasn't popped by Wednesday, she gets an appointment to be induced.

Get her out walking, Marcel. Better to not have to go the induction route
if at all possible. I've had 'em both ways, the last one induced. All in
all, I prefered the regular deliveries over being induced, JMHO.

Got my fingers and toes crossed for you and Gen, in a holding pattern here
waiting for your good news! Hugs to Gen, this is the hardest time for mom,
the waiting game.

best.

td

--
Marcel and Moogli

Old October 29th 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Phyrie

"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message
. ..
diddy none wrote in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Hey Marcel!!
New pictures of the little one? Is he here yet?
Is Gen ok? Hoping everything comes out ok!
It's time! taps watch

Still in her belly. No contractions, nothing.

If she hasn't popped by Wednesday, she gets an appointment to be induced.

--
Marcel and Moogli

FWIW my last baby was induced, although just mechanically. Basically, they
broke my water with a crochet hook-looking tool. Micheal was delivered in
less than two and a half hours, from poke to "waaaa!". Best of luck to you.

Phyrie
--
Kiba the Cav's Pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phyrie/...758930/detail/

Old October 29th 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

in rec.pets.dogs.behavior, "tiny dancer"
wrote in :

"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message
. ..
diddy none wrote
in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Hey Marcel!!
New pictures of the little one? Is he here yet?
Is Gen ok? Hoping everything comes out ok!
It's time! taps watch

Still in her belly. No contractions, nothing.

If she hasn't popped by Wednesday, she gets an appointment to be
induced.

Get her out walking, Marcel. Better to not have to go the induction
route if at all possible. I've had 'em both ways, the last one
induced. All in all, I prefered the regular deliveries over being
induced, JMHO.

She has been walking quite often. With Emilie, she went into labour the
night before she was going to be induced, so I am going to guess that
this one will do the same.

--
Marcel Beaudoin and Moogli
Old November 2nd 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Phyrie wrote:
"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message
. ..
diddy none wrote in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Hey Marcel!!
New pictures of the little one? Is he here yet?
Is Gen ok? Hoping everything comes out ok!
It's time! taps watch

Still in her belly. No contractions, nothing.

If she hasn't popped by Wednesday, she gets an appointment to be induced.

--
Marcel and Moogli

FWIW my last baby was induced, although just mechanically. Basically, they
broke my water with a crochet hook-looking tool. Micheal was delivered in
less than two and a half hours, from poke to "waaaa!". Best of luck to you.

Phyrie

Mechanical induction is something I haven't read about or thought
of in, oh, say, the last 20 or 30 years, and now twice in one
week! Seen Tuesday in the New York Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/30/he...ch/30chil.html

October 30, 2007
Vital Signs
Childbirth: Purposely Breaking Water Does Not Speed Delivery
By NICHOLAS BAKALAR

"A large review of studies suggests that a common procedure in
labor, intentionally breaking the water, has no effect in
reducing the labor time or assuring the baby’s health.

The procedure, sometimes called amniotomy, involves rupturing the
amniotic membranes to speed contractions. The procedure has been
in use for at least 250 years, although its popularity has varied.

The researchers reviewed 14 randomized controlled trials
involving almost 5,000 women and found little evidence for any
benefits. Amniotomy did not shorten the length of labor, decrease
the need for the labor-stimulating drug oxytocin, decrease pain,
reduce the number of instrument-aided births or lead to serious
maternal injury or death.

The report, published Oct. 17 in The Cochrane Reviews, did find
that the procedure might be associated with an increase in
Caesarean sections and a reduced risk of a lower reading on the
Apgar scale, which rates the baby’s condition at birth. But
neither finding was statistically significant.

“We advise women whose labors are progressing normally to request
their waters be left intact,” said the lead author, Dr. Rebecca
Smyth, a research associate at the University of Liverpool.
“There is no evidence that leaving the waters intact causes any
problems, and there is not sufficient evidence to suggest any
benefit to either themselves or their baby.”

FurPaw
--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old November 2nd 07, 08:43 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Phyrie

"FurPaw" wrote in message
. ..

*snip*
Mechanical induction is something I haven't read about or thought
of in, oh, say, the last 20 or 30 years, and now twice in one
week! Seen Tuesday in the New York Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/30/he...ch/30chil.html

*snip again*

“We advise women whose labors are progressing normally to request
their waters be left intact,” said the lead author, Dr. Rebecca
Smyth, a research associate at the University of Liverpool.
“There is no evidence that leaving the waters intact causes any
problems, and there is not sufficient evidence to suggest any
benefit to either themselves or their baby.”

FurPaw

Hmm.... I wasn't in labour when I was "induced". I had an unusual
pregnancy, in that I only gained 6 pounds, from the last weight my doctor
had on record to the end. They were worried about my baby, and was
subjected to various "stress" tests, which basically involved strapping an
ultrasound wand to my abdomen and waiting for baby to move. If he moved and
his heart rate increased, he was fine. If not... I don't know. He never
co-operated, and I suffered through many ferry trips and long waits for them
to hook me up and then have the little bugger just sleep. They didn't want
to leave me past my due date, as the placenta begins to fail after 40 weeks,
and, as I knew the day when he was conceived, we knew when to induce. I
warned the doctor that I deliver quickly ( my first baby, delivered at 17
years old, I delivered from first contraction to birth in less than three
hours!) but he didn't believe me. He missed the birth. Once he punctured
the membrane and assured himself and me that the "water" was clear and not
...well, off (!), he buggered off to his other scheduled cesarean sections.
Micheal was born less than two hours later. Mechanical worked for me...they
"threatened" me with the induction drugs, if the mechanical didn't work. I
was under the impression that it was a last resort. This was 25 years ago,
so I'm sure things must have changed since then. BTW, Micheal weighed 5# 13
oz., one ounce bigger than his sister when she was born.

Phyrie