Switched our dogs' food

Old October 30th 07, 05:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
CJ

Default Switched our dogs' food

Hello,

We rescued a rescue dog a couple of months back. 7-8 month old lab / hound
cross (what we call a pure-bred Tahoe Terrier). Two good kids rescued it
off of the beach, but winter was looming, no fenced yard, and puppy expenses
coming on.

Our existing 11 year old (male) lab / golden cross got along with him great,
so we kept the new one. Existing dog was on Purina Large Breed (previously
"Large Chunks"), the new one came with some "Puppy Chow". We spent hours
reading the history here and following links, talked to a trainer, and
decided to upgrade both dogs to Canidae All Life Stages / PAWS.

Wow. The shedding from the older dog is down to less than 20 percent of
previous falls, no farting in the phase-over, great coat on the newer
(previously slightly malnourished) puppy, almost too much energy from both.

Found a feed shop with it for mail-order prices ($33 for 40 pounds).

Although food opinions here on rec.pets.dogs.health can be all over the
board, we appreciate the leads (and the mutts are happy too).

Thanks, L&C

Old October 30th 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article ,
"CJ" wrote:

Although food opinions here on rec.pets.dogs.health can be all over the
board, we appreciate the leads (and the mutts are happy too).

Glad you found a food that is working so well for you! It's truly
amazing what a difference it can make!

--
Janet Boss
Old October 31st 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
FurPaw

DK wrote:

To be fair, Canidae (it amazes me that 90+ percent of vets have
no idea how to pronounce it properly) has been this group's one of
the top favorites for many years.

So how do you pronounce it?

Oppie has been doing well on Canidae; he's been on it since April.

FurPaw
--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old October 31st 07, 12:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Judy

"FurPaw" wrote in message
. ..
DK wrote:

To be fair, Canidae (it amazes me that 90+ percent of vets have no idea
how to pronounce it properly) has been this group's one of the top
favorites for many years.

So how do you pronounce it?

Huh. I hadn't thought about it.

I say "CAN iday". I don't know why I don't think of it as a version of
Canine and say "CANE iday".

And I say "FEEL iday" - which does tie in with Feline.

Judy

Old October 31st 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Judy wrote:
I say "CAN iday". I don't know why I don't think of it as a version of
Canine and say "CANE iday".

I've never heard anyone pronounce it other than
"CAN-ee-day," but it occured to me that that's actually kind
of a funny American thing and maybe it's really
"CAHN-ee-day." I tend to opt for clarity over correctness,
and will stick with "CAN-ee-day," now that I think about it.

Old October 31st 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Judy wrote:

I say "CAN iday". I don't know why I don't think of it as a version of
Canine and say "CANE iday".

I say it the same way, but I pronounce "canus" with a short a.

And I say "FEEL iday" - which does tie in with Feline.

Yep, though it's more like FEE-li-day.

--
Shelly
Old October 31st 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Shelly wrote:

I say it the same way, but I pronounce "canus" with a short a.

Um, canis, too. Geez.

--
Shelly
Old October 31st 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article ,
Shelly wrote:

Judy wrote:

I say "CAN iday". I don't know why I don't think of it as a version of
Canine and say "CANE iday".

I say it the same way, but I pronounce "canus" with a short a.

And I say "FEEL iday" - which does tie in with Feline.

Yep, though it's more like FEE-li-day.

Easier to feed (and say) (E)EVO!

--
Janet Boss