a half a pirate udpate

Old October 30th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
BethInAK

Default a half a pirate udpate

Pirate went to visit the board certiifed surgeon today who confirmed what my
vet said - that the leg bones are growing at different rates. He is xraying
tomorrow and will have me come in and pick pirate up when done and let me
know what the plan is then but it sounds like the plan IS surgery. Its just
a matter of what surgery and when. It also sounds like he wants to do the
surgery now, because the dog is very young and there is a strong possiblity
of this condition getting worse.

This has me very stressed out - very concerned about the recovery process
with a 2 year old in the house and how are we going to manage that recovery
process with our australia trip, and how is the dog going ot manage the
recovery. And financially its concerining because I guess we are buying a
dog operation and not a house in early 2008.

Anyway, I'm sure it will all work out in the end but its going to be a rough
period at the fleischer-pollitt household, thats for sure.

Old October 30th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"BethInAK" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

[...]

Any idea when the surgery is? Will the surgery correct him to normal?
Fingers crossed!
Old October 30th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
BethInAK

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
[...]

the inference was that the surgery would be very soon.
And depending on the xrays they may or may not correct the leg bone length
difference now, but maybe just the shoulder issues.

I just need to stop being hysterical until tomorrow when I actually have
information.

Old October 31st 07, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"BethInAK" wrote in message

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I'll think positive thoughts for Pirate. Yes, try not to stress ahead of
time. As for a house, perhaps you can do both. Often times a house payment
ends up cheaper than rent, plus, you get the tax advantage. It will all
work out in the end. Like Robin said to me today, "I think Kali came to us
for a reason." When you look back over your life, it usually works out that
often times things we *thought* we couldn't take at the time, ended up being
the same things that led to something positive. Sorry, my mind is a bit
jumbled tonight, hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

best,

td

Old October 31st 07, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
filly[_2_]

"BethInAK" wrote in message

I just need to stop being hysterical until tomorrow when I actually have
information.

It's tomorrow now, and you'll soon have the information you need.
I know this will be something you will rise to, and you will see it through
to the best possible conclusion, because that is how you do everything.
Karla

Old October 31st 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"BethInAK" wrote in message:

Pirate went to visit the board certiifed surgeon today who confirmed what

my
vet said - that the leg bones are growing at different rates.

Distal ulnar physis closure? There are a couple of people on the Dane forum
that have experience with this. In one case, they had to do surgery on both
of the dog's front legs. While it took some time to heal, the legs look
sooo much better now, and they haven't had any problems with it since.

Anyway, I'm sure it will all work out in the end but its going to be a

rough
period at the fleischer-pollitt household, thats for sure.

I'm sorry the news wasn't any better, Beth. Hopefully, Pirate will do just
fine and be back to his old self in no time.

Suja