brand new dog training manual just released

Old October 31st 07, 11:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
knewf[_2_]

Default brand new dog training manual just released

DOGSHOWS101 is a new training manual that is not only appropriate for
the "newbie" to dog showing but is a great reference for any typical
dog owner. Chock full of tips and advice on training so as to bring up
a happy dog who can face anything the world bring to him with a sense
of balance and security. Rave reviews by both pet owners and show
people alike. check it out at: http://www.kaylar.com/dogshows/sellsinglebook.htm
You will not believe the extent of training advice this book has to
offer! Makes a great gift also for the "book colllector" who has every
book ever written about dogs!

Old October 31st 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Photos o' the Day (was Spamtacularity)

knewf wrote:

You will not believe the extent of training advice this book has to
offer!

Oh, I'd believe it.

And now, more fauxlomolicious fun.

Counter-clockwise from top left: Mah duck, me, electric pole, me
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/1803621533/

Foo Dog and Mah Duck (the same duck as seen above)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/1776334289/

Fungi growing on log
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cat-sidh/1430521080/

--
Shelly
Old October 31st 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article . com,
knewf wrote:
DOGSHOWS101

DOGSHOWS 101 is such a lardy piece of crap that they
couldn't find a publisher and had to self-publish at
cafepress.com. I get the sense that it has a lot in common
with cookbooks put together as club fundraisers.

Old October 31st 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Melinda Shore wrote:

I get the sense that it has a lot in common
with cookbooks put together as club fundraisers.

But without the occasionally entertaining kitsch factor.

--
Shelly
Old October 31st 07, 12:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judy

"Shelly" wrote in message
Melinda Shore wrote:

I get the sense that it has a lot in common
with cookbooks put together as club fundraisers.

But without the occasionally entertaining kitsch factor.

OR the recipe for Fruit Pizza that I recently found in an old cookbook
published by my mother's old elementary school. My in-laws both loved it!

Judy

Old October 31st 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Judy wrote:
OR the recipe for Fruit Pizza that I recently found in an old cookbook
published by my mother's old elementary school. My in-laws both loved it!

Did they love the recipe, or did you actually make it?

Old October 31st 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Judy" wrote:

OR the recipe for Fruit Pizza that I recently found in an old cookbook
published by my mother's old elementary school. My in-laws both loved it!

How about a recipe for "pretzel pie"? It's kind of weird, but for fans
of salty/sweet combo, it's a winner. I've never seen it not be devoured
in very short order.

--
Janet Boss
Old October 31st 07, 12:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Judy wrote:

OR the recipe for Fruit Pizza that I recently found in an old cookbook
published by my mother's old elementary school. My in-laws both loved it!

My great-aunt and I went through some of grandma's old community
fund raiser cookbooks when I was visiting last summer. It was
hugely entertaining, in no small part because grandma would
occasionally drift in and out of the discussion with hilarious
tangential stories about the recipes or the folks who had submitted
them. The WTF? factor was priceless.

--
Shelly
Old October 31st 07, 01:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mary Healey

Janet Boss wrote in

"Judy" wrote:

OR the recipe for Fruit Pizza that I recently found in an old
cookbook published by my mother's old elementary school. My in-laws
both loved it!

How about a recipe for "pretzel pie"?

Pretzel salad. It's been a staple at the Healey holiday table for about 20
years. I make it for potlucks, too, and it always goes over well.

Old October 31st 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judy

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message
Judy wrote:
OR the recipe for Fruit Pizza that I recently found in an old cookbook
published by my mother's old elementary school. My in-laws both loved it!

Did they love the recipe, or did you actually make it?

I have to admit that I made it. Twice even.

The first time was to take to our dinner league team agility. We decided it
was a definite serving of fruit. What was left I took to my in-laws and
they loved it so much that I made it a second time for MIL's birthday.

It starts with a sugar cookie crust, frosted with a sweetened cream cheese
(a serving of Dairy!), then a layer of bananas topped with a red sugar glaze
involving Jell-O, another layer of colorful fruits (mandarin oranges, kiwi,
etc), then a layer of coconut (to emulate the shredded mozzarella).

I have cooked for these people for 35 years, done all the major holidays,
and they declared *this* the best thing that I ever made! All those hours
spent on Beef Wellington and Raspberry Walnut Torte. All I needed all this
time to be a big hit was that pure sugar recipe from a kindergarten teacher.

Judy