pirate and monk play tug

Old November 2nd 07, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska

Default pirate and monk play tug

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sPhsgH7ZolI

Old November 2nd 07, 11:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
filly[_2_]

"Beth In Alaska" wrote in message
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sPhsgH7ZolI

Neat videos Beth.
It's always party time at your house!
I think Mike is as big a kid as Monk, and you ain't no slouch yourself.
Pirate has the cutest fuzziest butt..
And my last comment....Diddy needs to visit you and bring the Elkies. The
Moose Dogs could see the moose and Diddy could play on the trampoline!
Karla

Old November 2nd 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

"Beth In Alaska" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sPhsgH7ZolI

You've a good dog in Pirate.

Old November 2nd 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Beth In Alaska wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sPhsgH7ZolI

It looked like Pirate was trying to teach Monk how to play the
game. He looks quite gentle. The two will probably become
inseparable buddies as Monk grows older.

FurPaw

--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old November 2nd 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"Beth In Alaska" wrote in message
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sPhsgH7ZolI

How cute is that! Pirate seems exactly the right size for Monk to grow
with, 'eh? So happy to see a good outcome to your earlier dilemma about
getting another dog. Good for both Pirate & the monk!

td

Old November 3rd 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
MauiJNP

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sPhsgH7ZolI

very cute, and it totally reminds me of a tug video with my nephew (age 2),
I will have to put in on for you to see.

Old November 3rd 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska

"Rocky" wrote in message
"Beth In Alaska" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sPhsgH7ZolI

You've a good dog in Pirate.

It was his behavior with Monk that was the major reason he is our dog. He
IS an awesome little dog.

My parents met him for the first time this weekend and my mom, who doesn't
believe in spirits, ghosts, destiny, god or anything other than science said
something bizarre. She said "He really was fated to be your dog, I think".
I was shocked, but he feels that way to me.

Old November 3rd 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska

"FurPaw" wrote in message
Beth In Alaska wrote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sPhsgH7ZolI

It looked like Pirate was trying to teach Monk how to play the game. He
looks quite gentle. The two will probably become inseparable buddies as
Monk grows older.

They both have some tug issues to work on - Pirate is an "adjuster" and
sometimes adjusts onto your fingers. Owch. Monk doesn't quite get that the
idea is for the dog to win. But he has learned that we don't grab the dogs
face, we just yell "DROP DROP DROP".

Old November 3rd 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska

"tiny dancer" wrote in message

"Beth In Alaska" wrote in message
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sPhsgH7ZolI

How cute is that! Pirate seems exactly the right size for Monk to grow
with, 'eh? So happy to see a good outcome to your earlier dilemma about
getting another dog. Good for both Pirate & the monk!

He's very much Monk companion. Every night Pirate gets in the crib to kiss
Monk goodnight - he comes in when I put Monk to bed and puts his front paws
on the crib to remind me . Very good boy.

Old November 3rd 07, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska

"MauiJNP" wrote in message
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sPhsgH7ZolI

very cute, and it totally reminds me of a tug video with my nephew (age
2), I will have to put in on for you to see.

I'd love to see what it looks like with a big dog.