Weird Dreams and Dog Names

Old November 6th 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Weird Dreams and Dog Names

I had a dream last night that Judy (Althouse) had just gotten a new
Frenchie puppy, and that her name was Olive Brown.

Now, I know where all the elements come from, including the name,
but for the life of me, I can't figure out why my brain put them all
together like that. I sometimes catalog books in my sleep, so while
odd, this was a huge improvement.

--
Shelly
Old November 6th 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Opinicus

"Shelly" wrote

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream#Dreams_and_memory

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Old November 6th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Opinicus wrote:

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream#Dreams_and_memory

When I said "I don't know why..." I really meant, "I find it amusing
that..." And, I'm not too sure that I'd take any theory that's a
reworking of Freud too seriously.

--
Shelly
Old November 6th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judy

"Shelly" wrote in message
I had a dream last night that Judy (Althouse) had just gotten a new
Frenchie puppy, and that her name was Olive Brown.

Maybe you got a little of me mixed in? I've been toying with the idea of a
puppy - not a Frenchie - and the name Oliver keeps coming around. No Brown.

Judy

Old November 6th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Judy wrote:

Maybe you got a little of me mixed in? I've been toying with the idea
of a puppy - not a Frenchie - and the name Oliver keeps coming around.
No Brown.

Who knows? I do know where the name comes from. Olive Brown is #9
(gen 4, so she's Esther's GGg-ma).

http://esther.cat-sidh.net/Ahnentafel_Esther.html

Several of us have talked about wanting a Frenchie (Mary, I think,
Catherine, me), and there's a painfully cute one in my building, so
it doesn't surprise me that I would have Frenchies on the brain.

It's just funny how things get combined and mixed up during the late
night programming.

--
Shelly
Old November 6th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mary Healey

Shelly wrote in news:fgq3kr$lnt$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

Judy wrote:

Maybe you got a little of me mixed in? I've been toying with the idea
of a puppy - not a Frenchie - and the name Oliver keeps coming around.
No Brown.

Who knows? I do know where the name comes from. Olive Brown is #9
(gen 4, so she's Esther's GGg-ma).

http://esther.cat-sidh.net/Ahnentafel_Esther.html

Several of us have talked about wanting a Frenchie (Mary, I think,
Catherine, me),

Yep, me. And I think "Olive Brown" is an EXCELLENT name for a girl
Frenchie. Twenty years from now, my Frenchie-to-be may be thanking you for
its name...

I don't usually remember my dreams, but my roommate often regales me with
stories of feathered pet cockroaches and the other peculiarities that
inhabet her unconscious.
Old November 6th 07, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mary Healey

Mary Healey wrote in
.4:

inhabet

inhabit! Geez, even that looks wrong. Good doG, where *is* that brane of
mine? Blame it on the time change -- yeah, that's it, the time change!
Old November 6th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Mary Healey wrote:

Yep, me. And I think "Olive Brown" is an EXCELLENT name for a girl
Frenchie. Twenty years from now, my Frenchie-to-be may be thanking you for
its name...

Please do use it, if you get a chance. I've loved that name since I
first encountered it (which is probably why it was floating around
in my subconscious).

I don't usually remember my dreams, but my roommate often regales me with
stories of feathered pet cockroaches and the other peculiarities that
inhabet her unconscious.

Yikes! Mine mostly consist of being chased by wackjobs (everything
from Storm Troopers to Deliverance extras) with interludes for
random vignettes of the non-sequitur variety. Case in point, I *was
*dreaming about being carjacked when suddenly, I had the Frenchie
dream interlude. Then, back to the carjacking.

Thankfully, I don't tend to dream about bugs. Ugh. They squick me
out enough in real life.

--
Shelly
Old November 6th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mary Healey

Shelly wrote:
Thankfully, I don't tend to dream about bugs. Ugh. They squick me
out enough in real life.

This was a lovely *pet* feathered cockroach, its feathers dyed in ISU
colors ("cardinal and gold", aka red and yellow), on a tiny leash. Or so
she told me.

I love my roommate, she's better than TeeVee.
Old November 6th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

Mary Healey wrote in
.4:

Several of us have talked about wanting a Frenchie (Mary, I think,
Catherine, me),

Yep, me. And I think "Olive Brown" is an EXCELLENT name for a girl
Frenchie. Twenty years from now, my Frenchie-to-be may be thanking
you for its name...

Shelly will only have herself to blame if all 3 of us wind up in our
dotage with Frenchies named Olive.

--
Catherine
& Zoe, Queenie, & Max, 3 black dogs of varying sizes