Thanks, folks!

Old November 10th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Thanks, folks!

I appreciate your comments and suggestions. I still have problems
expressing kinesthetic things in text, because a lot never makes it out
of my brain and into text, as well as a hard time ignoring all my mental
rabbit trails and not being chatty while trying to ask something, but I
think I am getting a better picture of this group, and if this is the
one place people would most often be referred to for advice and help,
that is high praise indeed.

Thanks! I will try to learn how to fit in better before I ask anything
else.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old November 11th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
I appreciate your comments and suggestions. I still have problems
expressing kinesthetic things in text, because a lot never makes it out
of my brain and into text, as well as a hard time ignoring all my mental
rabbit trails and not being chatty while trying to ask something, but I
think I am getting a better picture of this group, and if this is the
one place people would most often be referred to for advice and help,
that is high praise indeed.

Thanks! I will try to learn how to fit in better before I ask anything
else.

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.

==============
You don't need to try to change in order to fit in. There are all types of
people here; just be yourself and express yourself any way you feel
comfortable. I thought you did an excellent job expressing yourself, so
jump in any time you feel like it and don't worry about fitting in.

Old November 11th 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"pfoley" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

wrote in message ...
[...]

I agree with this sentiment. Don't worry about fitting in. I'm a wobbly
wheel and not only don't fit in, I really don't WANT to fit in. If you look
at the cast of characters, you may be choosey about who you want to fit in
with as well.
Old November 11th 07, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"pfoley" wrote in message

[...]

Exactly. Believe me, you'll learn who to ignore, who to put in your blocked
senders list/kill file.

td

Old November 11th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
tiny dancer wrote:
Exactly. Believe me, you'll learn who to ignore, who to put in your blocked
senders list/kill file.

Right! If you're all about finding your entertainment in
other people's tragedies, tiny's your pal. If you're
looking for discussion about dogs, not so much.

Old November 11th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message:

Thanks! I will try to learn how to fit in better before I ask anything
else.

It isn't so much about fitting in as much as learning how to craft your
thoughts in such a way as to get answers instead of more questions.

FWIW, I was looking at something on listserv, and among the 'instructions',
it actually said that rec.pets.dogs.* is among the 'fine mailing lists'
available for anyone looking for general dog information.

Suja

Old November 11th 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Suja wrote:
FWIW, I was looking at something on listserv, and among the 'instructions',
it actually said that rec.pets.dogs.* is among the 'fine mailing lists'
available for anyone looking for general dog information.

There's sort of a weird and unpleasant history there around
gatewaying between Usenet and mailing lists.

Old November 11th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Melinda M said in part....
Thanks! I will try to learn to fit in better before asking anything
else.........etc
________________________
Melinda M
Hello, and welcome. Have at it, if you have questions, go for it.
There are many knowledgeable people here, that are willing to share.

Be Free.....Judy

Old November 11th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Paul E. Schoen

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..

I agree with this sentiment. Don't worry about fitting in. I'm a wobbly
wheel and not only don't fit in, I really don't WANT to fit in. If you
look
at the cast of characters, you may be choosey about who you want to fit
in
with as well.

Speaking of wobbly wheels (and I include myself in the genre), that's where
Kenny Rogers got the inspiration for one of his better known songs. He was
on the road in his old pickup, and had just replaced a flat tire with the
spare, but forgot to tighten the lug nuts. As he made his way back onto the
road, the wheel worked its way loose and finally came off the truck, and as
he slowed down, it rolled on down the highway. So he started singing, "You
picked a fine time to leave me, loose wheel,..."

Paul and Muttley