How Jean Donaldson gets into trouble

Old November 11th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default How Jean Donaldson gets into trouble

[]
So, we all know that a lot of people read "lemon brain" and
couldn't get past that to hear what Donaldson has to say,
and consequently thought she was talking about dogs having
defective brains. She and Ian Dunbar have what looks like a
pretty interesting new video addressing all that dominance
stuff coming from certain popular TV trainers, and Dogwise
has a clip from it up at:
http://www.dogwise.com/video/video.cfm?itemid=DTB966

She opens with "Dogs don't form packs," and my immediate
reaction was "WTF?!?" She then goes on to explain that they
don't form wolf packs, goes into detail into wolf pack
structure, and then says a couple of other things that I
expect will raise some hackles (I made a funny!).

But anyway, I certainly see how she pisses some people off
even though I basically think she's right about an awful
lot. She says stuff that just sounds wrong until she
explains what she means, and a lot of people can't get past
that opening stupid-sounding statement.

Old November 12th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
lookingaround

On Nov 11, 8:41 am, (Melinda Shore) wrote:
[]
[...]

Yes, and Jan Fennell, (the dog listener) draws direct lines from
wolves to dogs, which is really silly. And of course, so much of the
understanding of wolves is myth and misinterpretation, so using the
wrong info to apply to dogs just doubles the trouble.

And by the way, I do see dogs pack up frequently.