PIG ROASTS DOG IN CAR

Old November 12th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.sport.pro-wrestling,alt.law.enforcement,alt.drugs.hard,alt.drugs.psychedelics,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rob Cypher

Default PIG ROASTS DOG IN CAR

http://tinyurl.com/ytoxae

PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- A suburban police officer is accused of
leaving a police dog in a patrol car for more than 12 hours on a
109-degree day, killing the animal.

Sgt. Tom Lovejoy is charged with animal cruelty for leaving his police
dog in a hot car.

Chandler police Sgt. Tom Lovejoy was booked into the Maricopa County
jail on a misdemeanor charge of animal cruelty after a two-week
investigation into the death of a 5-year-old Belgian Malinois named
Bandit.

He was released later Wednesday, said Capt. Paul Chagolla, a spokesman
for the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

The sheriff's investigation showed Bandit was in Lovejoy's patrol car
from about 9 a.m. to shortly after 10 p.m. August 11. During that
time, the investigation found, the officer ran errands, napped and ate
out with his wife. Lovejoy later found the dog dead in the car.

"I am certain Sgt. Lovejoy has suffered greatly from leaving his
police dog in a sweltering car," Sheriff Joe Arpaio said in a
statement. "I do not relish the idea of compounding his sadness.
However, Lovejoy must be treated like anyone else in similar
circumstances."

Lovejoy said Wednesday night that he is scheduled to appear in court
September 25 and that his lawyer advised him not to comment further.

"With the sheriff railing on me right now, it's kind of hard to say
anything," Lovejoy said.

Chandler Police Chief Sherry Kiyler said in a statement that the
department respects and supports the criminal justice system and its
processes, and that an internal investigation has been launched.
--
robcypher.livejournal.com
Old November 12th 07, 12:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Sue and Atty

"Rob Cypher" wrote in message
[...]

Isn't this the same county with the sheriff that uses the prisoners to care
for the dogs in the shelter?

Sue and Atty

Old November 12th 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mike D

this guy should go to jail for five years and serve every ****ing day in a
cell. that's MY opinion. He also should have to clean kennels for some good
amount of time. Mike.
"Sue and Atty" wrote in message
. net...

Old November 12th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Michael A. Ball

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 22:48:03 -0500, Rob Cypher wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/ytoxae

...The sheriff's investigation showed Bandit was in Lovejoy's patrol car
from about 9 a.m. to shortly after 10 p.m. August 11. During that
time, the investigation found, the officer ran errands, napped and ate
out with his wife. Lovejoy later found the dog dead in the car.

"I am certain Sgt. Lovejoy has suffered greatly from leaving his
police dog in a sweltering car," Sheriff Joe Arpaio said in a
statement. "I do not relish the idea of compounding his sadness.
However, Lovejoy must be treated like anyone else in similar
circumstances."...

Damned worthless k-9 officer! I hope his K-9 days are over. They should
be.

I've always admired Sheriff Joe Arpaio, but those days are now over. He
said that "Lovejoy must be treated like anyone else in similar
circumstances." That's a lie, because "anyone else" would have been
charged with destruction of public property, and whatever else they
could pile on. Bandit was an expensive dog, and Lovejoy is going to get
off with a slap on the wrist.

This dog would have given his life for Lovejoy; instead, he died because
of Lovejoy. Justice will not be done in this case. That realization
makes the story even more heart breaking.

When I die, I want to go where dogs go!