Flotsam and Jetsam

Old November 13th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Flotsam and Jetsam

After visiting about 10 different Vet Offices, I know ONE reason (other
than their greed) why their fees are so high and they are so hard up for
money. Out of the 10 Offices I walked into, 9 had 3 women sitting on
their fat asses doing NOTHING. Instead of running an efficient lean
practice these vets are obviously in it for the $$$ and their own egos,
rather than for helping animals. BTW, why are so many vet office staff
so obese? Here are some links for all the unprofessional "professional"
staff out there whose consciences are bothering them. Maybe it's not too
late to retrain? First one is for all the bloated vet staffs out there,
second is for all the vets who worship the almightly dollar.

http://tinyurl.com/2j8dfw - for all you obese vet staff

http://tinyurl.com/38hbxz - for all you greedy vets
Old November 13th 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health

T wrote in news:MPG.21a3dfe1791381598a3f1
@news.east.cox.net:

In article , says...
[...]

Indeed - a vet practices needs at a minimum a reception person who can
perform billing etc, a technician and the vet themselves.

Billing?? What billing?? They DEMAND money paid in advance or at time of
visit. More smoke.

But many of those people are veterinary school interns.

Old November 13th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

Indeed - a vet practices needs at a minimum a reception person who can
perform billing etc, a technician and the vet themselves.

But many of those people are veterinary school interns.

We have a staff of 12. All with college degrees, none are interns. There's a
lot to running a practice. But I suspect that this OP wants to hear none of
the facts.

Old November 14th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

He is just someone off their meds. he started about 3 months ago. Since
than it has been doing what you see using about 7 or 8 different display
names always from the same server aioe.org

Oh dear.

I'm always happy to discuss the financial end of veterinary medicine as a
practice manager/owner. But it just doesn't work with those that approach it
with attitude!

Old November 14th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health

"Sharon Too" wrote in
:

He is just someone off their meds. he started about 3 months ago.

more drivel snipped

Probably a Kmart type vet employee who lacking the intellectual capacity
to form a logical argument, feebly shouts out names in frustration. I
posted a link for you earlier for application to Walmart, which, of
course is where you belong. BTW, I have several different servers, but I
reserve the lowest one for the likes of you.

Oh dear.

I'm always happy to discuss the financial end of veterinary medicine
as a practice manager/owner. But it just doesn't work with those that
approach it with attitude!

And, in answer to the other poster, posing as a veterinarian, if that's
the case you're either not in Tucson or in a very small minority.

Most of these so-called "doctors" hire $10 an hour clerks to
confront pet owners about cash NOW. They hide in their offices,- too
cowardly to come out and face the people and suffering animals due to
their rigid cash-only policies. Pathetic really that vet schools, vet
associations and state licensing boards are all part of the same
interest group. I really think they should remove the "Dr." designation
from their degrees. Even human doctors, who are in themselves a fairly
greedy group who often violate their oaths as physicians cannot
compare to the prostitute like attitudes of vets here. "no money, no
****ee(treatment), so sorry"
Old November 14th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
eatatjoes

"Sharon Too" wrote in
:

Indeed - a vet practices needs at a minimum a reception person who
can perform billing etc, a technician and the vet themselves.

Again to the other poster, what "billing" since you all seem to demand
full payment immediately? Why do you need someone to bill for you?

But many of those people are veterinary school interns.

Way too many vets where I am, one reason why they are so hard up for
cash.

We have a staff of 12. All with college degrees, none are interns.
There's a lot to running a practice. But I suspect that this OP wants
to hear none of the facts.

Your job is not to build your own little kingdom, but to serve animals
and prevent suffering. Most of the so-called "Drs." that I've run into
lately are more concerned with generating profit (often even
recommending unneccessary procedures to boost the already inflated bill)
and building their own little fifedom, that they don't seem to have any
regard for animal suffering. I think alot of these guys buy into the
notion that animals are property and objects, not living, breathing
creatures with a soul. Kind of like the farmer who sends his pets to
slaughter for profit.
Old November 14th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

And, in answer to the other poster, posing as a veterinarian,

I never "posed" as a veterinarian. I am a practice manager/owner and stated
as such. Again, if you have specific questions about the business end of vet
med, I'd be happy to answer as it related to our practice. But I won't be
fodder for your insults and barbs.

Old November 14th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.health
Sharon Too

Again to the other poster, what "billing" since you all seem to demand
full payment immediately? Why do you need someone to bill for you?

We let our established clients bill. But not new clients. We've been burned
too many times. On the business end, there isn't one company we deal with
who lets us pay in installments.

But many of those people are veterinary school interns.

Way too many vets where I am, one reason why they are so hard up for
cash.

We don't have one. And when we get vet school interns they do not see
patients. They cannot practice medicine without a license.

We have a staff of 12. All with college degrees, none are interns.
There's a lot to running a practice. But I suspect that this OP wants
to hear none of the facts.

Your job is not to build your own little kingdom, but to serve animals
and prevent suffering.

And pay our bills how?

Most of the so-called "Drs." that I've run into
lately are more concerned with generating profit ....

Dink. This is where our conversation ends.

Old November 14th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article ,
elegy wrote:

We let our established clients bill. But not new clients. We've been burned
too many times. On the business end, there isn't one company we deal with
who lets us pay in installments.

i have to admit, when i went to pick up my car from having its $800
worth of repairs done after its latest crisis, i was really tempted to
"forget" my checkbook, or ask if i could pay $100 now and i'd get the
rest to them as soon as possible, or whatever other excuse that came
to mind, just to see what happened.

Since everything goes on a card, at least temporarily, I usually just
deal with it. When I had to make the sudden decision to let Franklin go
on the table, my vet's office very kindly billed me for the balance. I
had paid a deposit anyway, and they know where to find me!

--
Janet Boss