Another Freecycle AAAARGH!

Old November 13th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

Default Another Freecycle AAAARGH!

The ones about dogs and cats always bug me, but this one ticks me off
because IMO it should never have even gotten to the list.
The subject of the post is "Wanted - female Chawawa".

The body of it(edited to remove identifying details) reads:

"We have a beautiful male tall Chawawa would like to breed with female. We
have papers on dog's name. He's mostly black with brown on face he is
beautiful."

Gotta wonder, among other things, why they couldn't at least read the
"paper" to find out how to spell the breed name.....

Old November 14th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

sionnach wrote:
The ones about dogs and cats always bug me, but this one ticks me off
because IMO it should never have even gotten to the list.
The subject of the post is "Wanted - female Chawawa".

The body of it(edited to remove identifying details) reads:

"We have a beautiful male tall Chawawa would like to breed with female. We
have papers on dog's name. He's mostly black with brown on face he is
beautiful."

Gotta wonder, among other things, why they couldn't at least read the
"paper" to find out how to spell the breed name.....

Once a kid bearing a female chihuahua knocked on my door. He
asked if I was interested in breeding my chihuahua, Tika, because
they wanted theirs to have a litter of pups. I had to explain to
him that it would be difficult for a spayed female to sire a
litter...

Geez, I hope they never found a mate for her!

FurPaw

--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense

To reply, unleash the dog.

Old November 14th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"BethInAK" wrote in message:

I hate freecycle.

For the very first time, I ventured into the Pets section of Craigslist
yesterday. For my sanity's sake, I hope that was the last time. It was
pages and pages and pages of all sorts of critters being given up. From
snakes and hedgehogs to post after post after post about dogs and cats. It
was oh so sad.

Suja

Old November 14th 07, 11:43 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"BethInAK" wrote:

I hate freecycle.

I love freecycle. The group I belong to is extremely low on pet ads and
those that do show up tend to be rescue folks. I consider myself lucky
from that standpoint (and for some of the very large stuff I've been
able to freecycle).

--
Janet Boss
Old November 14th 07, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Suja wrote:

For the very first time, I ventured into the Pets section of Craigslist
yesterday. For my sanity's sake, I hope that was the last time. It was
pages and pages and pages of all sorts of critters being given up. From
snakes and hedgehogs to post after post after post about dogs and cats. It
was oh so sad.

I don't know what region of CL you use, but on my local SF Bay Area
section, the majority of pets offered there are from rescue groups.
There are BYBs on there sometimes along with the occasional clueless
unprintable adjective of a person (example: someone who claimed to have
paid $2200 for their Labradoodle that came with papers *rolling eyes*
and wanted to recover the majority of the money they had spent in owning
it, which is a flagrant violation of CL TOS, which only permits a modest
-- defined for individual people listing their own pets as what the
pound would charge you for a pet and for rescue groups what the general
going rate is for rescue groups in the area -- adoption fee), but the SF
Bay Area CL is a busy community and those suckers get flagged off pretty
quickly. But if you live in an area where not too many people use CL,
that doesn't happen as quickly.

Melinda, who would, nonetheless, prefer to see people try to find their
pet another home rather than just take them to the pound, which she
thought was just about the only option before she got on the internet
and discovered what else is out there

--
Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your
work with excellence.
Old November 14th 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message:

I don't know what region of CL you use,

DC Metro.

but on my local SF Bay Area
section, the majority of pets offered there are from rescue groups.

Wish I could say the same. There were adoption day announcements,
sometimes, just one liners about rescue. The rest were dog walker/pet
sitter/dog trainer ads and 'If I don't get rid of my dog within the next
week, he/she goes to the pound.' There was even one from a woman who dumped
her Boxer, posted that her dog is now at the shelter, and here is how to
find him if you want him.

Suja

Old November 14th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska

"Janet Boss" wrote in message
"BethInAK" wrote:

I hate freecycle.

I love freecycle. The group I belong to is extremely low on pet ads and
those that do show up tend to be rescue folks. I consider myself lucky
from that standpoint (and for some of the very large stuff I've been
able to freecycle).

I left the Anchorage freecycle group because of the pet messages. I spoke
to the moderator about it and she was perplexed as to why its bad to give
away your dog like a used carpet.
Its a shame, I have lovely things I'd like to offer that I'll have to drag
to the salvation army.

Old November 14th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

"Janet Boss" wrote:

I love freecycle. The group I belong to is extremely low on pet ads and
those that do show up tend to be rescue folks.

As mentioned before, one of the two I'm on is like that; the other - for
the more rural county - is horrendous. There are constant posts from people
who want to give away kittens, puppies, cats, and dogs... and quite a few
for small animals & reptiles, as well. Kittens are the most frequent - a
post or two a week.

Old November 14th 07, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"sionnach" wrote:

As mentioned before, one of the two I'm on is like that; the other - for
the more rural county - is horrendous.

Yup - Westminster is awful.

--
Janet Boss