Who's looking for a working dawg?

Old November 14th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

Default Who's looking for a working dawg?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_xCFoHKR1I

Suja

Old November 14th 07, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Suja wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_xCFoHKR1I

That is a *great* idea. Well done, too.

Old November 14th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Suja" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_xCFoHKR1I

what a lovely dog!

--
Janet Boss
Old November 14th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Suja" wrote:

Homes for dogs that need a job are few and far between.

Why do you think I have Rudy?

--
Janet Boss
Old November 14th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Suja wrote:
"Janet Boss" wrote in message:

what a lovely dog!

She is beeyooteeful! That's actually a bit of a problem, because just about
everyone is interested in her, and most are not appropriate homes for her.
Homes for dogs that need a job are few and far between.

Permission to crosspost to the flyball list?

Old November 14th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message:

That is a *great* idea. Well done, too.

Totally. Also, I am really glad she used her own dog to demonstrate what
'no herding potential' looks like.

Suja

Old November 14th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Kathleen" wrote in message:

Permission to crosspost to the flyball list?

Absolutely! Any working dog lists would be most appropriate for a dog like
her.

Suja

Old November 14th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Janet Boss" wrote in message:

Why do you think I have Rudy?

If the GR people I've run into are any indication, it must be a bigger
problem placing GRs that need a job than GSDs that need a job. I can't
remember the last time I ran into a Golden that showed any inclination
towards anything resembling work. Most just wanted to flit around and be
adored.

Suja

Old November 14th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
"Suja" wrote:

If the GR people I've run into are any indication, it must be a bigger
problem placing GRs that need a job than GSDs that need a job. I can't
remember the last time I ran into a Golden that showed any inclination
towards anything resembling work. Most just wanted to flit around and be
adored.

Everyone wanted him because he was a PUPPY. They ignored all of the
other stuff in his write-up. While Rudy does flit around and love to be
adored, he needs more than that and the prospective homes just weren't
getting that at all. Everyone wants a "curled up in front of the fire"
Golden. For the most part, people wanting "performance" Goldens go to
breeders, specifically ones from field lines.

Rudy turns off well, but only when he's gotten enough energy output.
He's more often looking for something to do and always on alert!

--
Janet Boss