incorruptible character

Old November 16th 07, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Default incorruptible character

In Search and Rescue, people often leave things behind, and often get lost
with last seen origin in picnic areas. Therefore, Tuck has been trained to
indicate significant food as articles. He also indicates other left food,
but sniffs and shakes his head clearing it as a negative. But he leaves
food alone.

You've seen the video of his hot dog retrieve, so he does control himself
from gulping down food.

Last night was trash night, and I had removed the trash bags and set them
out, but had yet replaced the liners. I was cleaning up from supper and
had two duck thigh and lower leg bones (still attached as a unit) that I
was about to pitch, when I realized that I needed to get some trash can
liners.

Having no place to put the bones, I set them on the floor, and got the
liners. When I went to throw out the bones, I noticed one was missing,
checked all the dogs, who were off in the corners of the house all wearing
innocent halos. (The dogs had just been right there.. both Elkhounds, and
there was potential of the beagle too)

So I called the vet relating my tale of woe, concerned of a Tuck/chicken
wing tip redux. Not knowing which dog got it, the vet told me to give all
the dogs bread soaked in milk. All the bread I could get down them.

And watch..............

This morning, in the kitchen, I felt something bump my leg, turned around,
and Tuck was offering me that missing duck leg.

I have no idea who took the bone, but Reka and Cappy would have eaten it.
I don't know where it went, and was hiding in the interim, and only know
that it was delivered by dog this morning.

If Tuck wrestled with his conscious all night, his character won out.

Shades of his dad... He inherited his incorruptible character.
Old November 16th 07, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
[...]

=========
Great story.

Old November 16th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..

This morning, in the kitchen, I felt something bump my leg, turned around,
and Tuck was offering me that missing duck leg.

BROWNNOSER!
I'm sure all the others are just up in arms!

Old November 16th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

"Beth In Alaska" spoke these words of wisdom
in :

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..

This morning, in the kitchen, I felt something bump my leg, turned around,
and Tuck was offering me that missing duck leg.

BROWNNOSER!
I'm sure all the others are just up in arms!

LOL! Smiley emoticons n all that stuff.

Yes.. he is an insufferable brown noser (but in reality his nose IS black!)
Old November 16th 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
snipped
This morning, in the kitchen, I felt something bump my leg, turned around,
and Tuck was offering me that missing duck leg.

I have no idea who took the bone, but Reka and Cappy would have eaten it.
I don't know where it went, and was hiding in the interim, and only know
that it was delivered by dog this morning.

If Tuck wrestled with his conscious all night, his character won out.

Shades of his dad... He inherited his incorruptible character.

Good boy, Tuck.

td