timberwolf and solid gold opinions sought

Old November 24th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

Default timberwolf and solid gold opinions sought

Any opinions on the following foods?

~Timberwolf Lamb, Barley, Apples or Southwest Chicken
~Solid Gold Barking at the Moon, Beef & Barley, Just a Wee Bit

--
~~~~~
Jenny, Maui and Cali

Old November 24th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Janet Boss

In article ,
"MauiJNP" wrote:

~Timberwolf Lamb, Barley, Apples or Southwest Chicken
~Solid Gold Barking at the Moon, Beef & Barley, Just a Wee Bit

What are you looking for? Barking at the Moon is akin to Innova's Evo
for instance, while the others clearly have grain.

--
Janet Boss
Old November 24th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

~Timberwolf Lamb, Barley, Apples or Southwest Chicken
~Solid Gold Barking at the Moon, Beef & Barley, Just a Wee Bit

What are you looking for? Barking at the Moon is akin to Innova's Evo
for instance, while the others clearly have grain.

I am looking for a garlic free food. I've been feeding people food
(rice, veggies, chicken, etc) since finding out Flint River Ranch, my
now-old food, has garlic. I just don't want to take any chances with it. I
was looking at Barking at the Moon for Cali because the protein and fat are
higher and maybe will help her put on a pound. Another choice that had
higher protein and fat was Solid Gold's Just a Wee Bit.

I am also looking at a non-chicken food for Maui because chicken gives
him ear infections. I wrote down Solid Gold's Beef and Barley and also
Timberwolf's Lamb, Barley and Apple. I also have an email to Merrick to
confirm that their Wilderness Blend doesn't have garlic and onion products.
I also emailed Wellness and Nutrapet about some of their formulas. I
confirmed Solid Gold's non-garlic/non-onion status with a phone call but the
other companies were not available by phone yet (with the holiday's and
all).

Old November 24th 07, 11:41 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
MauiJNP wrote:
I am looking for a garlic free food. I've been feeding people food
(rice, veggies, chicken, etc) since finding out Flint River Ranch, my
now-old food, has garlic.

Eukanuba Lamb & Rice: no garlic. Eukanuba Small Breed
Adult: no garlic. California Natural Lamb and Rice:
apparently no garlic. Lots of feeds with no garlic and no
chicken.

Old November 24th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

Any opinions on the following foods?

~Timberwolf Lamb, Barley, Apples or Southwest Chicken
~Solid Gold Barking at the Moon, Beef & Barley, Just a Wee Bit

straight opinion: timberwolf isn't worth the ridiculous amount of
money they want for it.

i fed solid gold wolf king for one bag. it was less dense than the
other foods, so i had to feed more, and that annoyed me.

thanks for the feedback.

natures variety has a number of foods with no chicken and apparently
no garlic.

thanks for the lead. I will check them out.

Old November 24th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

I am looking for a garlic free food. I've been feeding people food
(rice, veggies, chicken, etc) since finding out Flint River Ranch, my
now-old food, has garlic.

Eukanuba Lamb & Rice: no garlic.

this has chicken meal, chicken fat and chicken flavor. I wonder if the
amount is enough to bother Maui's ears? This will probably need trial and
error to answer.

Lots of feeds with no garlic and no
chicken.

that's very good, I like choices.

Old November 26th 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
Suja

"MauiJNP" wrote in message:

~Solid Gold Barking at the Moon, Beef & Barley, Just a Wee Bit

A friend of mine feeds the SG Barking at the Moon, and loves it. Her
allergy boy does really well on it. Just keep track of the calorie
content - it's high octane, and it probably wouldn't take much for little
dogs like yours to pack on the pounds.

Suja

Old November 26th 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

~Solid Gold Barking at the Moon, Beef & Barley, Just a Wee Bit

A friend of mine feeds the SG Barking at the Moon, and loves it. Her
allergy boy does really well on it. Just keep track of the calorie
content - it's high octane, and it probably wouldn't take much for little
dogs like yours to pack on the pounds.

That's what I am hoping for Cali, to gain a little weight. Maui would not
be getting it, he needs to lose a pound. Since I started my 4 grad school
classes and working FT in September, he gained back the 2 pounds he lost. I
need to get him moving more but my schedule is awful for things like that.
I have a call into the doggie daycare again. Last time I called, the small
dog section was at their quota. I am hoping for 2 spots but I would also
take 1. Just not sure what I would do with 1, have 1 go or have them take
turns? I just hope there is a miracle and they have 2 spots.

Anyway, thanks for the input about the food. I think Cali will get to try a
bag.

Old November 27th 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
buglady

"MauiJNP" wrote in message
I have a call into the doggie daycare again. Last time I called, the

small
dog section was at their quota. I am hoping for 2 spots but I would also
take 1.

.........I don't get that. Both dogs live in the same house and it would be
no more trouble to take two out than one.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old November 27th 07, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health
MauiJNP

I have a call into the doggie daycare again. Last time I called, the
small
dog section was at their quota. I am hoping for 2 spots but I would also
take 1.

........I don't get that. Both dogs live in the same house and it would
be
no more trouble to take two out than one.

huh?

I would want the doggie daycare for when I am at work. Right now, they get
zero exercise and are home alone while I work. If I can get a daycare spot
or two, when I am at work, they will get exercise and attention.