Boss of you / AKA "What a bitch"

Old November 26th 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

Default Boss of you / AKA "What a bitch"

It's pretty interesting. Six month old Maybe took total control
of a friend's male Standard Poodle when he came to stay with us
for a week. She's bedazzled Rocky with her feminine wiles from
Day One.

Today, Friday backed down just a little bit at her play gambit.
In this house, he doesn't do this.

Old November 26th 07, 08:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Beth In Alaska

"Rocky" wrote in message
It's pretty interesting. Six month old Maybe took total control
of a friend's male Standard Poodle when he came to stay with us
for a week. She's bedazzled Rocky with her feminine wiles from
Day One.

Today, Friday backed down just a little bit at her play gambit.
In this house, he doesn't do this.

Yep. What a bitch :-D

Old November 26th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

elegy said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Today, Friday backed down just a little bit at her play
gambit. In this house, he doesn't do this.

*grin* ah, girls.

Yup. Exactly why I wanted a girl dog.

She constantly sucks up to Friday, and he normally will have
nothing to do with the face-kissing. After 4 months, though,
his posture is more relaxed.

Old November 26th 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

montana wildhack said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Any new peeectures?

I keep trying to get one of Maybe doing her little dog
impression - hanging out on top of the couch's back, heretofore
the little dogs' safety zone.

http://www.rocky-dog.com/Daycare/DucksInArow.jpg

I need to get a camera phone - a lousy picture is better than
none.

Old November 27th 07, 07:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

Terri said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I'm curious about something.What happens when you stretch
out full length on the sofa? Who jumps on you, who
snuggles, who stays up there and who comes over to flop
down on the floor next to the sofa?

Friday tries to lie down alongside me, though that doesn't
last long. Rocky always lies on floor as close to the couch
as he can get so that I miss getting the phone after
maneuvering around him. A couple of the little guys like to
sleep on my chest, which makes reading difficult.

The little guys are poised exactly as you see them in the
picture, though you have to be careful of the black cutsie-poo
with the harness - she likes to lick inside one's ear, which I
find unpleasant.

The major shuffling is at my feet. The biggest contenders are
Maybe and Teyah The Giant Malamute. When Teyah claims the
couch before me, I have to wedge my way in, slowly driving her
away from the end I want. On her own, she takes up 3/4 of the
couch. And that's curled up.

Old November 27th 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article ,
Rocky wrote:

A couple of the little guys like to
sleep on my chest, which makes reading difficult.

My cat Skipjack (larger than some of your teeny guests) has been glued
to me in the evenings (do you think he knows that his spot is at risk in
just THREE days?). With me semi-reclined, he curls up on my shoulder
(his head on my shoulder, the rest of his body is taking up my chest) or
directly on my chest, breathing into my face, purring away, sound
asleep. It's pretty hard to get anything done - read, watch tv,
whatever. I'm indulging him because I know he will probably not trust
Miss Marcie right away and needs to bank his snuggle time.

--
Janet Boss
Old November 27th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
ceb

Terri wrote in news:Xns99F56AE2FE6327544444@
130.133.1.18:

A couple of the little guys like to
sleep on my chest, which makes reading difficult.

Cute, though.

Two nights ago Carmine did that when we got into bed. He's not
so little so it was extra cute.

IFYPFY.

--
Catherine
& Zoe, Queenie, & Max, 3 black dogs of varying sizes
Old November 27th 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

Janet Boss said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

With me semi-reclined, he curls up on my shoulder
(his head on my shoulder, the rest of his body is taking up
my chest) or directly on my chest, breathing into my face,
purring away, sound asleep.

That's almost as cute as Spike, my good ol' cockatiel, who would
sit on my shoulder and nestle his head in my ear.

As you've probably experienced, how does one go to the bathroom
in such a situation?

Old November 27th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky[_2_]

Terri said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Friday tries to lie down alongside me, though that doesn't
last long. Rocky always lies on floor as close to the
couch as he can get so that I miss getting the phone after
maneuvering around him.

I find this very interesting. The floor/sofa jockying for
position with the Sheps was similar to Rocky and Friday
with Mojo taking Rocky's place and Luke in Friday's spot.

There's no jockeying for position 'twixt Rocky and Friday.
Rocky goes with the flow and was cool with older Murphy and
later with younger Friday directing that flow. Once in a long
while, Friday snarks at Rocky, but Rocky either doesn't notice
or doesn't care. Rocky snarks at no one, and still plays with
puppies.

Friday is boss right now, and Maybe sort-of grovels. Friday,
like many dogs, doesn't see the Big Picture - that he'll be
assimilated by Maybe. OTOH, I'm totally aware that there
could be a face-off. I doubt it, but I don't minimalize the
possibility.