Real truth about PitBulls

Old November 12th 04, 08:04 PM
Barbara Roseborough

Default Real truth about PitBulls

Check this out, this is the truth about "Pitbulls"
http://www.deviantart.com/view/11454716

Old November 13th 04, 06:38 PM
Michael A. Ball

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:04:15 -0500, "Barbara Roseborough"
wrote:

Check this out, this is the truth about "Pitbulls"
http://www.deviantart.com/view/11454716

No it is Not! It is the truth about miserable excuses for human beings!
Its about ignorant, callous individuals who know just enough about
breeding to create potential monsters!

I don't understand pit bulls nearly as well as I'd like, and I don't
know where you stand on this issue; but this video has virtually nothing
to do with the truth about pit bulls, and everything to do with the true
animals on this planet!

Michael

A day without recoil is like a day without sunshine!
Old November 13th 04, 10:23 PM
Nicodemus Telrenner

Michael A. Ball wrote in
:

wrote:

Check this out, this is the truth about "Pitbulls"
http://www.deviantart.com/view/11454716

No it is Not! It is the truth about miserable excuses for human

beings!
Its about ignorant, callous individuals who know just enough about
breeding to create potential monsters!

I don't understand pit bulls nearly as well as I'd like, and I don't
know where you stand on this issue; but this video has virtually

nothing
to do with the truth about pit bulls, and everything to do with the

true
animals on this planet!

Michael

A day without recoil is like a day without sunshine!

Then, by your definition, it IS about pitbulls.
Old November 14th 04, 12:52 AM
culprit

"Michael A. Ball" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:35:27 -0600, diddy
wrote:

But for all the people who wish to blame the plight of the pitbull on
lousey owners, those dedicated owners who WANT to clean up the breed
should
move to ohio...
It's a win/win for everyone except the irresponsible owners and the dogs
owned by them. Pit's are no longer dying in the fighting rings of ohio.

Diddy, that's interesting news, and great news. I've been wondering how
that legislation was working out.

Considering the number of things, good and bad, that can be accomplished
via genetics, I don't dispute that pit bulls have been crafted into
fighters. So, I don't blame their plight on current breeders alone, but
also past breeders who have contributed to the problem.

I'm really glad Ohio is protecting pit bulls. Hopefully other states
will adopt such legislation.

Ohio used to be the worst state in the country for BSL. they had a state
wide breed ban. pits were euthanized automatically in shelters, and were
illegal to even possess in much of the state. it looks like the state
supreme court has a clue though, because they finally overturned the law.

at least they got one thing right. too bad they lost the presidential race
for us though.

-kelly

Old November 14th 04, 02:43 AM
Tara

wrote:

But for all the people who wish to blame the plight of the pitbull on
lousey owners, those dedicated owners who WANT to clean up the breed should
move to ohio...
It's a win/win for everyone except the irresponsible owners and the dogs
owned by them. Pit's are no longer dying in the fighting rings of ohio.

Diddy, that's interesting news, and great news. I've been wondering how
that legislation was working out.

Its not great news at all.

What she conveniently neglected to mention is that those Pit bulls that
are no longer dying in the "fight rings" are now dying by the boatload
in the shelters. Automatic euthanasia for any Pit brought into a shelter
there. That's not progress. That's nothing more than avoidance coupled
with a lot of blood on their hands.

Considering the number of things, good and bad, that can be accomplished
via genetics, I don't dispute that pit bulls have been crafted into
fighters. So, I don't blame their plight on current breeders alone, but
also past breeders who have contributed to the problem.

Those "genetics" were also originally why Pits were one of the LEAST
likely breeds to ever put a tooth on human skin.

Its only through the recent crop of ignorant and crapola breeders who
don't understand what Pits were bred for that they have become more
dangerous to humans.

I'm really glad Ohio is protecting pit bulls. Hopefully other states
will adopt such legislation.

Since when is killing them the same as protecting them?

Tara
Old November 14th 04, 03:02 AM
culprit

"Tara" wrote in message

What she conveniently neglected to mention is that those Pit bulls that
are no longer dying in the "fight rings" are now dying by the boatload
in the shelters. Automatic euthanasia for any Pit brought into a shelter
there. That's not progress. That's nothing more than avoidance coupled
with a lot of blood on their hands.

hopefully, that is no longer the case.

http://acf2004.tripod.com/

OHIO SEPTEMBER 2004: The Ohio Supreme Court (State v Cowan) ruled ORC955:22
as applied to 955:11 is unconstitutional because it denies dog owners due
process and supports the Toledo decision where the court is granting dog
owners due process over Pit Bull ownership. These two cases are for the
first time a major decision in the right direction. Never before in Ohio's
history have there been decisions handed down like in the Tellings and Cowan
cases. Accurate statisitcs show breed bans do not protect the public, do not
stop illegal activity and only target responsible dog owners while causing
the extermination of thousands of innocent family pets. Breed bans also
criminalize US citizens by dogs denying them due process.

-kelly

Old November 14th 04, 03:03 AM
culprit

"culprit" wrote in message

http://acf2004.tripod.com/

OHIO SEPTEMBER 2004: The Ohio Supreme Court (State v Cowan) ruled
ORC955:22 as applied to 955:11 is unconstitutional because it denies dog
owners due process and supports the Toledo decision where the court is
granting dog owners due process over Pit Bull ownership. These two cases
are for the first time a major decision in the right direction. Never
before in Ohio's history have there been decisions handed down like in the
Tellings and Cowan cases. Accurate statisitcs show breed bans do not
protect the public, do not stop illegal activity and only target
responsible dog owners while causing the extermination of thousands of
innocent family pets. Breed bans also criminalize US citizens by dogs
denying them due process.

oops, here's the toledo decision referenced in the release above:

TOLEDO OHIO: ACF constitutional challenge (Tellings v Lucas County Dog
Warden) July 2004. **The Toledo Muni Court ruled that American Pit Bull
Terriers are not dangerous.** The court however did not rule on all the
challenges raised and ACF is appealing. The court did however rule that dog
owners are exempt from the Ohio breed specific law by proving their dog has
not bitten in the past.

-kelly