PUP'S UPDATE:

Old November 27th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

Default PUP'S UPDATE:

Kali and the pups went in this morning for their first round of shots.
Thank goodness Kali *doesn't* have a micro-chip. Robin was worried about
that. Although between the neighbor and us, we checked all the vet
practices in our area, checked all the local shelters for lost dog reports,
and rode around within about a five mile radius, looking for 'lost dog'
signs, etc., none of us thought of checking for a chip. Neither did the vet
that is caring for the pups, so Kali was checked today and no chip.

The pups are growing like weeds, all of them are right around 9 pounds each!
Some a bit more, some a bit less.

We did discover that the house way down the road from us, last house at the
dead end, has a male Husky/Wolf mix. Perhaps where the vet is getting her
*Husky* mix prediction from. Robin didn't find out about that dog until
over the week-end, so it isn't as if we suggested Husky as a possible
father. The two darker brown pups especially have husky faces.

Still trying to find the time to get updated pictures of them. The vet
takes pictures of them each time, and I've taken some with my regular
camera, but Robin hasn't had time to get some shots with the digital. All
three boys have ear infections, Zack just waking up with one this morning.
So he's off to the vet this afternoon. We also have six casseroles to
make for tomorrow, for Jake's schools "Teacher Appreciation Day". There
were very few volunteers recruited to cook things, so I told Robin I would
fix two chicken casseroles and two green bean casseroles. She is fixing two
appetizer casseroles.

After this week, hopefully things will settle down a bit and we'll hopefully
have a bit more time. I want to get some new photo's to post. After the
twins 'great escape', we have to find a time to take pictures when there are
other adults available to supervise the kids.

td

Old November 27th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
tiny dancer wrote:
We did discover that the house way down the road from us, last house at the
dead end, has a male Husky/Wolf mix.

That is *profoundly* unlikely. It's far more common for
unscrupulous breeders to sell Malamute crosses as wolf
hybrids than it is to sell actual wolf hybrids.

We also have six casseroles to
make for tomorrow, for Jake's schools "Teacher Appreciation Day".

Fascinating.

Old November 27th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"tiny dancer" wrote in message
.. .
snipped

All
three boys have ear infections, Zack just waking up with one this morning.
So he's off to the vet this afternoon.

Sorry, that should have been *pediatrician*, not vet!. ;-] Hard to keep
'em straight sometimes. LOL

td

Old November 27th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message:

That is *profoundly* unlikely. It's far more common for
unscrupulous breeders to sell Malamute crosses as wolf
hybrids than it is to sell actual wolf hybrids.

When we were at the dog park where my brother lives, someone approached me
and asked what kind of dog Khan was. He said that he knew a dog that looked
just like him only bigger, and was a wolf mix. I just smiled and nodded.

Suja

Old November 27th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
snipped

I agree with this. Many northern breed dogs are sold as "Wolves" or Wolf
crosses.
In fact Puppymillers sell Elkhounds as purebred wolves in pet shops

because
people don't know what an elkhound is, and they even sell those wolves

WITH
PAPERS!!

We had a friend who had an elkhound that was sold to them as a wolf, and
insisted they could prove us and showed us the Wolf's PEDIGREE.

They inststed wolves were the best pets ever, with the sweetest
temperaments. They had an elkhound. Couldn't convince them otherwise.
They saw my elkhounds, didn't matter they were champions, and AKC made a
mistake. They were obviously wolves!

If they ever get a REAL wolf, they are into a rude awakening!

I hope you guys realize I am merely reporting what was *told* to us. I
don't know what the dog actually is. Although I do know it's not an
Elkhound. ;-) It looks like some sort of husky type mix to me.

We have a year-round flea market here locally. It's held at the state fair
grounds all year except for during the actual fair. It's a super large flea
market, three or four buildings inside and many many vendors outside. I
have occasionally seen people selling pups who were purported to be *wolf*
mixes. Never paid too much attention to them, as I never had an interest in
owning a wolf mix.

td

Old November 27th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
tiny dancer wrote:
I hope you guys realize I am merely reporting what was *told* to us.

I think part of the reason that you get into trouble on your
facts so frequently is that you're pretty uncritical about
information. You seem to believe stuff that's told to you
by people you like and disbelieve stuff that's told to you
by people you don't like, and that's one of the classic ways
someone ends up a dumbass.

Never paid too much attention to them, as I never had an interest in
owning a wolf mix.

Incuriosity is one of the other ways. At any rate I would
have thought someone who was interested in, you know, *DOGS*
would take a look.

Old November 27th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

tiny dancer wrote:

We also have six casseroles to
make for tomorrow, for Jake's schools "Teacher Appreciation Day".

Fascinating.

Just curious, the last time you voluteered your services at one of your
local schools to show appreciation for the teachers was?????

td

Old November 27th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Suja wrote:
When we were at the dog park where my brother lives, someone approached me
and asked what kind of dog Khan was. He said that he knew a dog that looked
just like him only bigger, and was a wolf mix. I just smiled and nodded.

There's someone near me who actually has a wolf hybrid, and
it's not even close to being like the so-called "wolf
hybrids" being peddled by creeps. It is just plain not like
a dog, not how it looks, not how it interacts with people -
nothing.

It's hard to know how to talk to people about their beliefs
about their animals. I've been on the receiving end of it,
with people who were quite insistent that my dogs aren't
Siberian Huskies, so I have a pretty good idea of what it's
like having some stranger lecture you about your dog. The
difference, of course, is that I'm right.

Old November 27th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
tiny dancer wrote:
Just curious, the last time you voluteered your services at one of your
local schools to show appreciation for the teachers was?????

Hey - aren't you the person who asked me whether I worked
for a living and then when I provided evidence of working
for a living accused me of boasting?

Just curious.

Biting Pup's Dextors Mum Dog behavior 3 October 17th 05 03:44 AM
update Michelle Dog breeds 3 December 27th 04 09:38 PM
Looking for update Marie Dog behavior 0 February 13th 04 01:41 PM
Update on new guy. Lone Hansen Dog behavior 12 October 11th 03 01:07 AM
English Bulldog Pup's Lazy Gait crosem Dog health 1 July 6th 03 01:05 AM