Yard Mushrooms are not chewies.....arrrrg

Old November 28th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Spot[_2_]

Default Yard Mushrooms are not chewies.....arrrrg

I swear Gabby is going to drive me nuts. She's now 7 months old and the
newest thing is mushrooms.

Today she comes out of the yard with something in her mouth. I tell her
drop it and when I pick it up I find that it's a mushroom cap. Luckily it
was frozen and she didn't ingest any of it. I have had 7 dogs in my life
and never had one of them pick mushrooms from the yard and try to eat them.
As soon as they were all in the house I went out and walked the whole yard
and made sure I had picked all the mushrooms out of the grass. I guess now
when I poop scoop I'll also be picking mushrooms too.

Celeste

Old November 28th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet Boss

In article sGm3j.16930$r81.11141@trndny05,
"Spot" wrote:

I guess now
when I poop scoop I'll also be picking mushrooms too.

my dogs don't pay attention to mushrooms and I still scoop them along
with poop. Better safe than sorry.

--
Janet Boss
Old November 29th 07, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Janet Boss wrote:
my dogs don't pay attention to mushrooms and I still scoop them along
with poop. Better safe than sorry.

That's not a problem I've had, but the pick-up-all-kinds-
of-crap-and-carry-it-around is. I look back on it now and
can laugh but there were some harrowing moments.

Old November 29th 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Davina Stuart

"Spot" wrote in message
I swear Gabby is going to drive me nuts. She's now 7 months old and the
newest thing is mushrooms.

Today she comes out of the yard with something in her mouth. I tell her
drop it and when I pick it up I find that it's a mushroom cap. Luckily it
was frozen and she didn't ingest any of it. I have had 7 dogs in my life
and never had one of them pick mushrooms from the yard and try to eat
them. As soon as they were all in the house I went out and walked the
whole yard and made sure I had picked all the mushrooms out of the grass.
I guess now when I poop scoop I'll also be picking mushrooms too.

Celeste

None of our dogs were ever interested in the yard mushrooms either.. until
we got Gobo.. who is now 11 months old.. he seemed to find them before
they'd even surface.. I'm really hoping he will outgrow that before next
summer.. though at least by then I'll have fully recovered from last
august's car accident and have my mobility back.. so i can pick the stupid
things out of the yard...

Davina