Ping! Mark (or Baron)

Old December 5th 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Chris Williams

Default Ping! Mark (or Baron)

You're a genius! I've been searching for a fairly sturdy
radio-controlled toy for years. They've lasted about 60 seconds. Is
the Roomba fairly unbreakable and unpredicable? Does Baron stay
interested in it?
To illustrate my desperation, I just purchased a radio-controlled
dragon fly which zooms about by flapping its wings. (Named by Time
magazine as one of the 50 most interesting inventions of the year.) It
weighs virtually nothing, and if a dog ever reaches it, it's bye-bye
fly.

Old December 5th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
BethInAK

"Chris Williams" wrote in message
You're a genius! I've been searching for a fairly sturdy
radio-controlled toy for years. They've lasted about 60 seconds. Is
the Roomba fairly unbreakable and unpredicable? Does Baron stay
interested in it?
To illustrate my desperation, I just purchased a radio-controlled
dragon fly which zooms about by flapping its wings. (Named by Time
magazine as one of the 50 most interesting inventions of the year.) It
weighs virtually nothing, and if a dog ever reaches it, it's bye-bye
fly.

I saw that dragonfly - but thought it wasnt' sturdy enough for a 2 year old.
I did get pirate a RC hummer on clearance for 12.99. I haven't opened it
yet since he's on modified activity still but it appears to be made of
metal.

Old December 6th 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Chris Williams

"I saw that dragon-fly -- but thought it wasn't sturdy enough for a 2
year old"
You are certainly right; it weighs 2 ounces. So far, I've kept it
out of leaping distance, but the day will come... It really is
supremely irritating. Takes all my will to keep the inner child from
buzzing people.
Told a "cat friend" about Mark's post about the Roomba, and she
wonders if a cat could ride about on it.