Moogli and Sofia

Old December 7th 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

Default Moogli and Sofia

So we got Sofia one of these:
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...3280485reg.jpg

to put her in. It's a bouncy chair with a battery operated motor that
vibrates the whole thing. Wonderful, wonderful little chair.

Moogli is absolutley fascinated by it when we turn it on. If we put her on
the living-room table, he will wander around the table, whining and tring
to get close enough to the boucer to sniff whatever is in there.

He does the same thing when we bring her in from the van. We have her in
one of these:
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...2787167reg.jpg
to make life easy. When we bring her in, he will spend a fair amount of
time sniffing and investigating it.

--
Marcel Beaudoin and Moogli
Old December 7th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

in rec.pets.dogs.behavior, montana wildhack
wrote in

On 2007-12-07 09:46:40 -0500, Marcel Beaudoin
said:

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...2787167reg.jpg

I've never seen one of those before! Looks like a big slipper! (There
was a small baby that lived in a shoe...)

It's great. Put that in the car seat, and you don't have to worry about
putting them in/out of snow-suits or anything like that.

--
Marcel Beaudoin and Moogli
Old December 7th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

Marcel Beaudoin spoke these words of wisdom in
.4:

So we got Sofia one of these:
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...3280485reg.jpg

to put her in. It's a bouncy chair with a battery operated motor that
vibrates the whole thing. Wonderful, wonderful little chair.

How cool. Too bad I don't have anyone in the gift giving family with a baby
on my christmas list..

Moogli is absolutley fascinated by it when we turn it on. If we put her

on
the living-room table, he will wander around the table, whining and tring
to get close enough to the boucer to sniff whatever is in there.

He does the same thing when we bring her in from the van. We have her in
one of these:
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...2787167reg.jpg

What a novel winter convenience, and looks really cozy too!

Old December 7th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

. 1.4...

On 2007-12-07 09:46:40 -0500, Marcel Beaudoin
said:

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...2787167reg.jpg

I've never seen one of those before! Looks like a big slipper! (There
was a small baby that lived in a shoe...)

It's great. Put that in the car seat, and you don't have to worry about
putting them in/out of snow-suits or anything like that.

It does look way cool for your climate Marcel. I can't figure out though,
how the baby is held inside it? Is there a five point harness inside or
something?

td

--
Marcel Beaudoin and Moogli

On 2007-12-07 09:46:40 -0500, Marcel Beaudoin
said:

http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...2787167reg.jpg

I've never seen one of those before! Looks like a big slipper!
(There was a small baby that lived in a shoe...)

It's great. Put that in the car seat, and you don't have to worry
about putting them in/out of snow-suits or anything like that.

It does look way cool for your climate Marcel. I can't figure out
though, how the baby is held inside it? Is there a five point harness
inside or something?

Yup. There are slots in the back and bottom of the pocket that allow for
the 5-point harness to slide through and attach to the baby.

--
Marcel Beaudoin and Moogli
Old December 7th 07, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"Marcel Beaudoin" wrote in message
. 1.4...
in rec.pets.dogs.behavior, "tiny dancer"
wrote in :

snipped

Is there a five point harness
inside or something?

Yup. There are slots in the back and bottom of the pocket that allow for
the 5-point harness to slide through and attach to the baby.

I've never seen one of those before. That is so neat though, just slip the
baby down inside! It kind of reminds me of a little papoose carrier, 'eh?
Sometimes I wish when my kids were little they had come up with some of
these great ideas back in the olden' days. ;-) It would have been so much
easier to be able to wear one of those sling carriers, leaving ones hands
free to hand on to the other two kids when my third was an infant. Do you
or Gen 'wear the baby' while out or doing things around the house?

td

--
Marcel Beaudoin and Moogli

Old December 7th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

tiny dancer wrote:

I've never seen one of those before. That is so neat though, just slip the
baby down inside! It kind of reminds me of a little papoose carrier, 'eh?
Sometimes I wish when my kids were little they had come up with some of
these great ideas back in the olden' days.snip

You and me both. When my daughter (currently age 17) was a baby I had a
front pack, and later a back pack. But I certainly could have done with
one of those baby carseat bags. I can still remember trying to stuff my
daughter into her snowsuit before proceeding to the car. Meanwhile,
she's hollering in BabySpeak, "Baby abuse! Call 911! Tell them that it
involves a snowsuit and seat belts!!!"

Old December 7th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
tiny dancer

"Kathleen" wrote in message
..snip

You and me both. When my daughter (currently age 17) was a baby I had a
front pack, and later a back pack. But I certainly could have done with
one of those baby carseat bags. I can still remember trying to stuff my
daughter into her snowsuit before proceeding to the car. Meanwhile,
she's hollering in BabySpeak, "Baby abuse! Call 911! Tell them that it
involves a snowsuit and seat belts!!!"

Damn, sorry about the blanks again. My mouse will go along for days or
weeks on end working perfectly find, and then it's back to the immediate
*double click* problem.

LOL on your 911 *baby abuse* reference. ;-) Fortunately, for me anyway,
when we lived in the north, carseats were nothing more than those little
seats that hung over the back of the front seat. No belts, no harnesses,
etc. And when my babies were infants, they usually laid on the front seat
of the car, right next to me as I was driving, so I could reach over with my
right arm to brace the baby if it appeared necessary. A friend of mine,
same age as me, remarked on how automatic that 'fling out the right arm' was
in mothers. My daughters are all in their 30's now.

Granted, there is lots and lots of *unnecessary* equipment IMO, for babies
nowdays, but there are also lots of 'neat stuff' that would have been quite
useful back in the olden' days. ;-)

td

Old December 7th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

wrote in :

It kind of reminds me of a little papoose carrier, 'eh?
Sometimes I wish when my kids were little they had come up with some
of these great ideas back in the olden' days. ;-) It would have
been so much easier to be able to wear one of those sling carriers,
leaving ones hands free to hand on to the other two kids when my third
was an infant. Do you or Gen 'wear the baby' while out or doing
things around the house?

Nope, not yet. She still doesn't have much control over her head/neck yet.
In a couple of months, we will probably use it, but for now, Sofia stays in
our arms.

--
Marcel Beaudoin and Moogli