Learn how to train your dog!

Old December 7th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Learn how to train your dog!

Hi, dog owners.

Do you want to learn how you can train your dog properly?

Then you should really check this site out!

http://www.squidoo.com/how_you_can_train_your_dog
Old December 7th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

spoke these words of wisdom in news:da5d93e6-6a40-4ac4-
:

Hi, dog owners.

Do you want to learn how you can train your dog properly?

Then you should really check this site out!

http://www.squidoo.com/how_you_can_train_your_dog

Oh my gosh is THAT where i went wrong! Thank you! I started training him from
birth instead of between 6-8 weeks
Old December 10th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Chris Williams

Default Learn how to train your dog! Ditto,diddy

I've begun to wonder about interaction between pups in the womb. Any
ideas on how to influence that?
Just read somewhere (?) online yesterday, that the mood of mothers
(human, I tend to forget about them) during pregnancy has no influence
on the baby. Do you have doubts?

Old December 10th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
FurPaw

Chris Williams wrote:

Just read somewhere (?) online yesterday, that the mood of mothers
(human, I tend to forget about them) during pregnancy has no influence
on the baby. Do you have doubts?

NO influence on the baby? Yeah, I have doubts! For example:
There's evidence suggesting that maternal stress - which exposes
the fetus to elevated levels of glucocorticoids - puts the
offspring at risk for developing metabolic syndrome. And a
maternal stress response can result in brief episodes of low
oxygen for the fetus - too many of these can result in fetal
brain damage or miscarriage. Prenatal maternal anxiety and
depression are associated with sleep disturbances in the
offspring in the first 3 years after birth.

FurPaw

--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense

To reply, unleash the dog.
Old December 10th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Chris Williams

I thought so!
Particularly since the hot area in psych. research right now is how
temporary behaviors cause permanent cellular changes in the brain.
I suspect that's (one of) the reasons for diddy's great success with her
dogs -- her constant challenges re-wires their brains.
BTW, at my age, I take comfort that some of the studies indicate that
ability to make new neural connections never ceases.

Old December 11th 07, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy[_2_]

(Chris Williams) spoke these words of wisdom in
:

I thought so!
Particularly since the hot area in psych. research right now is how
temporary behaviors cause permanent cellular changes in the brain.
I suspect that's (one of) the reasons for diddy's great success with her
dogs -- her constant challenges re-wires their brains.

I started with the Super puppy program with Danny way back in 1990. There
was an article in dog world magazine that I trimmed out of the magazine of
interest long before Danny was even thought of, and i kept it. It described
the military methods of raising bolder, easier to train puppies. I
started Danny on that superpuppy program, and we all know how that turned
out.

I did it with any puppies, and thought it was successful.
Worth the efforts, and as with Danny and Tuck, never let up, and
continually made a life long effort to add building blocks to the learning
curve.

AFTER.. long after Danny, I then started hearing of Dr Carmen Battlegia's
Super puppy program, which happened to be exactly the same printed in Dog
World Magazine way back when.

Perhaps he was the author?

I don't know, but i was satisfied enough that rather than look it up, for
personal references, I copied Dr Carmen Battaligia's article to my home
page, simply for personal references, because over the years, his links
have moved, been broken, the information bounced from being free, to paid
for, and then back to free again. Rather than search for it -again- and -
again- and -again- I just put it on my own link so I could find it.

Superpuppy == good stuff. But even then, it's JUST the beginning, and if
you don't follow up, the dog loses the advantages.

You take that boost, and run with it.

Old December 11th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Chris Williams

Jeez, diddy. When I google "Superpuppy", I get books by two other
authors
When I google "Carmen Battlegia", I get nothing -- except the
suggestion that I may mean "battlegear" -- which I don't.
Would you post your website again?

Old December 11th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior, alt.pets.dogs.labrador,alt.pets.dogs.pitbull, rec.pets.dogs.breeds, alt.animals.dog
[email protected]

HOWEDY cris you pathetic miserable stinkin lyin dog
abusin punk thug coward active accute chronic life long
incurable malignant maliciHOWES mental case and
shelter / rescue FRAUD an SCAM ARTIST,

The_Freakin_Beef_Stroganoff_Council_ wants everyWON
to be advise that Beef Stroganoff CAN be dangerHOWES
if served and eaten while it's TOO HOT. That can cause
painful blistering.

HOWEver, suicide is PAINLESS if you know HOWE.

"Chris Williams" wrote in message news:

Jeez, diddy. When I google "Superpuppy", I get books by
two other authors When I google "Carmen Battlegia", I get
nothing -

They're both imbeciles.

- except the suggestion that I may mean "battlegear" -- which I don't.

Yeah. You're not much of a fighter.

Would you post your website again?

Perhaps all you chronic mainc depressives should
get together and make a nice SUICIDE PACT?:

"diddy" none wrote in message
. ..
"pfoley" spoke these words of wisdom in
:

I am really surprised to read your comment above, especially,
from one whom I thought loved Pit Bulls.

She DOES.. She loves them so passionately that she feels the
entire decision is NOT in some of those dog's best interests.

How could a happy ending for so many dogs make
you so angry that now you have even turned against
the entire breed?

Uh.. that's NOT what she said. Nor what happened.

The fact she disagrees might be perceived as an enemy of
pitbulls, but in fact, from a realistic perspective, elegy's
approach loves those dogs more than the legal decision makers.

Would you rather they all be put down?

Duh.. Read for comprehension. She broke it down that
she did approve of some of the outcome, but not all.

Isn't saving the life of any dog a good thing?

Not necessarily.

Sometimes death is a relief.

There are things worse than death.

Yeah. Like that kitty diddler caught in her strangle noose
leg hold trap. Or her neighbor's dog her DH shot for gettin
into her garbage. Or her vet's office kitty her dogs tore to
shreds in its crate when diddler borrowed it to teach her
retarded kid's class RESPONSIBLE PET CARE?

Don't you think these dogs should at least get a second chance at a
better life from the one they had before? Your statement is totally
mindboggling to me.

NO.

It's INSANE.

LUCKY THING she's a Pit Bull RESCUER.