Since we've been discussing agility & body language

Old December 16th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

Default Since we've been discussing agility & body language

Commentary in the second video will inform you why the handler is completely
silent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzRcQ3SUO8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Qe9...eature=related

Old December 16th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"sionnach" wrote in message
Commentary in the second video will inform you why the handler is

completely
silent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzRcQ3SUO8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Qe9...eature=related

============
What a cute dainty dog. Does that dog not have a tail? Is it a p up?

Old December 16th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sionnach

"pfoley"

wrote:
============
What a cute dainty dog. Does that dog not have a tail? Is it a pup?

No, he's not a pup -dogs have to be at least 18 months old to do NADAC
agility. He's a very small Australian Shepherd, aka "Mini Aussie". And it's
normal for Aussies not to have tails.
The reason he's deaf is that he's what's known as a "lethal white", which
can happen if someone is ignorant enough to breed two merle dogs together.
You can't really see it in those videos, because they're somewhat low
quality, but he also has blue eyes which are slightly smaller than normal &
appear to be abnormally light-sensitive.

Old December 16th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
pfoley

"sionnach" wrote in message

"pfoley"

wrote:
============
What a cute dainty dog. Does that dog not have a tail? Is it a pup?

No, he's not a pup -dogs have to be at least 18 months old to do NADAC
agility. He's a very small Australian Shepherd, aka "Mini Aussie". And

it's
normal for Aussies not to have tails.
The reason he's deaf is that he's what's known as a "lethal white", which
can happen if someone is ignorant enough to breed two merle dogs together.
You can't really see it in those videos, because they're somewhat low
quality, but he also has blue eyes which are slightly smaller than normal

&
appear to be abnormally light-sensitive.

That was very interesting; thanks. He is very cute.
It must be difficult for a deaf dog to know what to do.