7" of Snow

Old December 16th 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Kathleen

Default 7" of Snow

And a bright, sunny day. The kids just left, towing their sleds behind
them and Zane is distraught. There's no way he could be trusted with a
hillside full of fast moving teenagers sitting on anything that will
slide, including flattened cardboard boxes and SilPat baking sheets.
I've had him out three different times to play fetch and frisbee in the
back yard but apparently that doesn't count.

Old December 17th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

On Dec 16, 1:10 pm, elegy wrote:
i wish it had snowed here. we got ice. freezing rain with a bit of
sleet thrown in for variety all night long. it's pretty, but what a
mess.

We got a mixed bag - snow, thaw and blizzard. The wind gusts are still
incredibly strong. Dogs were Happy!

We were happy to watch football from inside the house. Half of the
game we could hardly see the field on tv because the snow was so
heavy.

The other half of the game we could hardly see the field on tv because
our eyelids were so heavy.
Old December 17th 07, 11:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Shelly

elegy wrote in
:

i wish it had snowed here. we got ice. freezing rain with a bit of
sleet thrown in for variety all night long. it's pretty, but what a
mess.

We got that, then another layer of snow on top of it. Not enough to
be a big problem, and thankfully, no power outages.

I went out to the woods yesterday. Where the trees were more
protected, they had what looked like tiny drops of dew hanging from
the end of each branch and twig. They were actually small, round ice
crystals. I've never seen anything quite like it. It was
*stunning*.

The less protected trees got a proper coating of ice. By mid-
afternoon, the sky had cleared, so on the drive home, all the
treetops along the road were glittering.

And now, it looks like the sky must be back to cloudy, because it's
glowing from the town lights--red to the west, and ominous dark
charcoal to the east.

--
Shelly
Old December 17th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
BethInAK

"Kathleen" wrote in message

And a bright, sunny day. The kids just left, towing their sleds behind
them and Zane is distraught. There's no way he could be trusted with a
hillside full of fast moving teenagers sitting on anything that will
slide, including flattened cardboard boxes and SilPat baking sheets. I've
had him out three different times to play fetch and frisbee in the back
yard but apparently that doesn't count.

We always took Kavik sledding. He'd race the sled down the hill and then
tow it back up. Was amazing fun. We did have to keep away from the
masses - but was more fun with Kavik.